[SOLVED] RX 580 Gpu core clock speed significantly lowers once gpu reaches 77c

So this's kinda odd but whenever my graphics card reaches 77c the core clock speed significantly throttles and jumps around. My psu is a Corsair VS 650 motherboard is an msi b450m gaming plus my graphics card is a powercolor red dragon rx580 8gb It has 8 Pin power (6 + 2) None of the components overheat on my computer. I've been scratching my head at this problem for a while and couldn't find a solution, I'm hoping somebody could help me with this. My computer is around a year old now.

Solution
Are you able to keep your temps under 77? Maybe if you adjusted your GPU fan curve and replaced the thermal paste on your GPU cooler with some higher quality stuff you'd be able to lower your temps and bypass the problem.

If you're able to keep the temps lower but then you start to have the same problem even at lower temperatures, I'd imagine you may have a defective PSU. It could be that your PSU is having trouble outputting anything higher than a certain amount of power.
Are you able to keep your temps under 77? Maybe if you adjusted your GPU fan curve and replaced the thermal paste on your GPU cooler with some higher quality stuff you'd be able to lower your temps and bypass the problem.

If you're able to keep the temps lower but then you start to have the same problem even at lower temperatures, I'd imagine you may have a defective PSU. It could be that your PSU is having trouble outputting anything higher than a certain amount of power.

Reactions: PrinceTexasLoaf
Solution

Thank you, I'll try to see if that helps the issue.