Question RX 580 has bad perfromance in minecraft.

Feb 28, 2019
I recently bought an RX 580 8gb to upgrade my system. One of the games I play is minecraft. I expected to get better performance but I actually got less fps in comparison with my old gpu (Firepro v5800).
The in-game settings are the exact same as before.

Its only in minecraft. I got a huge performance boost in other games.

Does anyone know whats causing this?

Specs:
CPU: i5 3570
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus RX 580 8gb
RAM: 8gb ddr3
PSU: 600w

Have you tried re-installing the game ? Do a CLEAN install of the game/minecraft. First make a backup of all the game files, profiles/save games etc. as applicable, and other settings, and then completely uninstall the game..Then do a re-install, and see whether doing this helps or not ??

Check your AMD Radeon control panel settings as well (under Global settings). Make sure you remove Minecraft's profile, if it has been set, and then reset all the graphic settings to default. Launch the game afterwards. Have you also tried to ROLLBACK the AMD drivers as well ?

May 1, 2019
Thing is: some claim that Gigabyte-produced GPUs are inferior in both quality and performance to other cards with the same chip from, say, Sapphire or MSI. I'm not sure if those claims are true, it all might be hearsay and slander, but that's what I heard.

Feb 28, 2019
Thing is: some claim that Gigabyte-produced GPUs are inferior in both quality and performance to other cards with the same chip from, say, Sapphire or MSI. I'm not sure if those claims are true, it all might be hearsay and slander, but that's what I heard.

It may be inferior but it is still way better than my previous gpu (Firepro v5800).

Feb 28, 2019
Then maybe this issue pertains only to Minecraft, since you can easily play ALL other games, without any loss in FPS ? Seems to be a game specific issue, IMO. I actually don't play Minecraft, so I can't really comment more on this issue.

All the games I have installed (Tomb raider, Csgo, gmod, Just cause 3, Asassins creed: unity) all have a significant higher fps.

TRENDING THREADS