Question RX 580 is not recognized despite fans at full speed

Monsimeph

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Greetings!

I've been running Gigabyte AORUS RX580 8GB for a little over a year without any issues. Today, an hour or so after a forced Windows 10 update (most likely unrelated, but I thought I'd mention that in case this recent update was particularly wonky and someone here in the know already) all of a sudden under no load the signal went off and fans started going bananas.

Reseating, changing PCI slot and clearing CMOS didn't help. The system is fully functional via both onboard graphics and a spare card I plugged into the original PCI-E. But the AORUS card isn't recognized in Device Manager while its fans keep spinning at 100% or close to that.

I will consider testing it in a different system, but I am not optimistic. Are there any other troubleshooting steps I could perform before trying to RMA?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Monsimeph

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Thanks, Dooktar.
But, today I plugged the card into a different system, in which a discrete graphics card had never been installed at all. No success. Fans start going crazy during POST and I get stuck in an infinite BIOS loop.

Currently I am waiting for Gigabyte's permission to update GPU BIOS, though that's unlikely to help either.

TRENDING THREADS