Question RX 580 Low power consumption

Apr 23, 2020
I received my brand new XFX RX 580 8GB today, after installing it I noticed that when I run games I get a really low frame rate. I have tried different drivers and settings but nothing helped.
When I was looking at the power consumption I realized it was only using 130W maximum when under full loaf, which is low for this card as I've seen them getting upto 230W in some benchmarks.

Any ideas on a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 30, 2020
My RX 570 has a switch on the GPU itself which changes between quiet mode and performance mode. Maybe your 580 has something similar and it's currently set on quiet mode?

Apr 23, 2020
My RX 570 has a switch on the GPU itself which changes between quiet mode and performance mode. Maybe your 580 has something similar and it's currently set on quiet mode?
I switched the bios switch and i think it was originally in the performance mode because when I switched it it went to silent mode where the fans don't spin until 60C

Apr 23, 2020
At the risk of sounding ridiculous, the cable to your monitor is plugged into the video card, and not the motherboard port for integrated graphics, right?
Ye I have 2 monitors plugged into the video card. My specs should be running the games fine. I ran a benchmark and the card is performing worst than a 1060 3gb and a gtx 1050 to by a massive margin.