[SOLVED] rx 580 not work

Feb 26, 2021
Hi guys, I have an rx 580 4gb sapphire pulse, yesterday the cable that goes from the psu to the rx580 short-circuited and started to smoke, I turned it off quickly and when I checked the cables were melted, well then I decided to buy a psu new and when connected it turns on the pc normally but the rx 580 does not turn on, the fans do not turn on, nor does it give an image, the processor I use does not have integrated video so I cannot see if the operating system detects it, I would like to know if someone knows Specifically, which component of the rx 580 board could have been damaged, or if it is possible to change it, that card I bought 2 years ago for $ 70 now the same card is worth almost $ 300 so I would like to get it back

MOBO GIGABYTE B365M DS3H
CPU inter i3 900f
GPU sapphire pulse rx 580 4gb
PSU corssair 850 watts
RAM XPG GAMMIX D30 Gaming Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
SSD 240GB

Solution
If the PCB is damaged your card is likely gone.
Corsair 850W is the new or old (the one that short-circuited) psu?
Can you borrow a GPU from a friend?
Even if its a 15 year old one, it just needs to post (or atleast try to).
There is no other way to identify if the card is gone or alive.

Solution
Feb 26, 2021

The corsair is the new one, the one with the short circuit I put it down and discarded it

Feb 26, 2021
When you bought a new PSU/replaced the old one, were all modular cables replaced?

Yes, of course, replace all the cables, I am only using new cables that came with the new PSU, it should be clarified that I also disassemble the graphics card and perform a visual inspection to verify if I see any burned components but everything looks normal

Feb 26, 2021
There is no other way to determine if the card is faulty then.
Cant even borrow a trash one from a friend or something?
All you need from it is to see if it will display or not.

ok I am going to try to get a GPU to test it or else have my gpu tested on another pc and so I discard, I am thinking that the PSU they sold me may be defective, because I have some fans with led lights in my computer and when I turn on the lights are failing, I will try to do the relevant tests and update here according to the results I have

Reactions: Dj0gany