Question Rx 580 or gtx 1660 ti?

Feb 25, 2019
Building my first gaming cpu so need suggestions.
Which one would be better option with amd ryzen 5 1600 processor? Would pairing ryzen with rx 580 give better compatibility and performance than pairing it with gtx?

Feb 25, 2019
Nothing to do with it. 1660 will run just fine. Go for the 1660 ti, it's a lot faster, currently the mid-tier king for 1080p gaming
Going for gtx 1660ti would mean I'd even have buy pricy gsync monitor as well instead of cheaper 144hz freesync monitor 😔 so I guess I would still be going with rx 580.

Going for gtx 1660ti would mean I'd even have buy pricy gsync monitor as well instead of cheaper 144hz freesync monitor 😔 so I guess I would still be going with rx 580.

Not really. If you are convinced that freesync/gsync is needed, there are freesync monitors that are now gsync compatible. Nvidia has released patches and has a list of compatible freesync monitors that do operate gsync technology. This list is continuously updated though, so not every Freesync model is recorded yet.

Feb 25, 2019
Not really. If you are convinced that freesync/gsync is needed, there are freesync monitors that are now gsync compatible. Nvidia has released patches and has a list of compatible freesync monitors that do operate gsync technology. This list is continuously updated though, so not every Freesync model is recorded yet.
Yes I 've now selected 1660ti with ryzen 2600 seems better than before 😁

Feb 25, 2019
I didn't knew it that time that gsync now supports freesync monitors 😅