bigbman108

Commendable
Feb 24, 2017
I have been having trouble streaming Apex (single pc) without it looking pixelated when action starts or motion in general occurs, and I am looking for another GPU. Would it be better to buy an rx 580 and get a mouse or more ram with the leftover money, or buy a 1660?
Specs:
CPU: r5 1600
Ram: Crucial ballistix sport LT 2 x 4
GPU: EVGA 950 FTW
PSU: Corsair CX 500 W 80+ Bronze
Everything else: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/afrazierboy2001/saved/3nQgLk

Solution
Well I forgot to mention that even at the really low settings I run at, a significant portion of my ram is taken up when I am streaming. Obviously a lot of that is apex, but there is also my streamlabels, chatbot, streamlabs obs itself, spotify, and chrome.
Well, that changes things a little. It sounds like you have had your decision made for you. You're going to have to go with the RX 580 (or 570 for a little more play money) and get some more RAM.

You should actually put the RX 570 into your considerations. It is only about 15% slower than the 580 and costs about $40 less. In terms of performance per dollar it is a better deal, and leaves you with more money for RAM and a mouse. Add to that, it can max out most games at 1080p...
If you have the money then go with the best you can get, which is the 1660 right now. Unless you feel that your mouse is holding you back or something. I don't think you need more RAM. 8GB is good for right now. So, while I'm partial to an AMD card, I'm going to have to recommend the better performance unless you absolutely need something else that you can use an extra $40-ish for.

bigbman108

Commendable
Feb 24, 2017
If you have the money then go with the best you can get, which is the 1660 right now. Unless you feel that your mouse is holding you back or something. I don't think you need more RAM. 8GB is good for right now. So, while I'm partial to an AMD card, I'm going to have to recommend the better performance unless you absolutely need something else that you can use an extra $40-ish for.

Well I forgot to mention that even at the really low settings I run at, a significant portion of my ram is taken up when I am streaming. Obviously a lot of that is apex, but there is also my streamlabels, chatbot, streamlabs obs itself, spotify, and chrome.

Well, that changes things a little. It sounds like you have had your decision made for you. You're going to have to go with the RX 580 (or 570 for a little more play money) and get some more RAM.

You should actually put the RX 570 into your considerations. It is only about 15% slower than the 580 and costs about $40 less. In terms of performance per dollar it is a better deal, and leaves you with more money for RAM and a mouse. Add to that, it can max out most games at 1080p with 40-60 fps and it is a good choice.

Solution
I am using x264, so 580?

Those 8gb of ram are really not enough for cpu encoding so yes, if you can get 16gb with a RX 580 purchase then go for it.
However, as mentioned above the GTX 1660 is faster than the RX 580 so buying it and switching to NVENC would also be a very good option.
Go for which one you want, i think i'd personally get the gtx 1660 and switch to NVENC.

TRENDING THREADS