Question Rx 580 problems please help

Jun 6, 2020
When i tryed to start the pc with the monitor cable plugged in the rx 580 i got no display. I switched the cable to the onboard graphics card. Still no display. I unplugged the 8 pin connector from the rx and i got display from the onboard graphics. I restarted the pc and i went in bios and changed the primary graphics to the onboard. I plugged in the 8 pin connector and this time i`m getting signal on the onboard, but exactly after the windows logo the fans on the rx stop. I installed the drivers and the card is detected. But still if i switch the cable to the rx still no display ... help

Motherboard: asrock H61m - Dgs
Processor : i5-2400
8gb ram ddr3
Rx 580
njoy titan 500w psu

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Turn off your computer. Remove the battery from motherboard. or try to find a way to reset your motherboard..
Some RX 580 have fan stop feature. So you dont need to worry about that fan stopping..

Jun 6, 2020
So i think i found what happens. I have a dvi-vga adaptor .I tried another gpu ,but this one had also a vga port , when i tried the gpu on the dvi port(with adaptor) exactly same results as with the rx but when i tried on the vga port (without adaptor ) it worked , so i guess its the damn adaptor