• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Rx 580 problems

Jun 6, 2020
So i got a rx 580. Opened the pc used ddu to unninstall old drivers installed new drivers and everything seemed to run fine. I opened a game (league of legends ) and for the first 10 second everything seemed fine but then the graphics card fans went like crazy and the screen went black. Had to restart to get signal again. Its the same in any game and the gpu testers(idk how the apps are called). What should i do?

Apr 27, 2020
So i got a rx 580. Opened the pc used ddu to unninstall old drivers installed new drivers and everything seemed to run fine. I opened a game (league of legends ) and for the first 10 second everything seemed fine but then the graphics card fans went like crazy and the screen went black. Had to restart to get signal again. Its the same in any game and the gpu testers(idk how the apps are called). What should i do?
Quick note: put your PC spects so its helps ppl trying to help you out

Im having the same issue, lately (last week) i got Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 so i upgraded my old RX 460

The issues im having is that the Radeon GPU drivers crashes, sometimes when i just booted into windows, sometimes when whatching a video on youtube or trying to enter a game and i have the latest drivers

This situation happened to me while ago with my RX460 but some how i managed to get it stable and working (not sure how but im sure i didnt touch the gpus core speed or memory speed)

So what i have tried so far?
1 -Clean Radeon drivers with DDU and fresh driver install - didnt worked
2- With Radeon Software Tuning Power up to 50% and down to -30% - didnt worked
3- I had 4 stick of RAM and i only used 2 of them removed the others Thats seems to work for a sort period but now -didnt worked
4- Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings Turn off Fast Start up
5- Plugged back my 460RX it does the same issue (drivers crash)

So my question @RSMafia areyou having the same issue as me? can you try some of solution ive tried it might not work for me but maybe will work for you

My spects:
CPU: FX8350
Motherboard: AsRock 970 Pro3 R2.0
RAM: 2x4 DDR3 1600Mhz
PSU: 1000W PFC Silent Fan ATX 20pin 12V

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020
Quick note: put your PC spects so its helps ppl trying to help you out

Im having the same issue, lately (last week) i got Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 so i upgraded my old RX 460

The issues im having is that the Radeon GPU drivers crashes, sometimes when i just booted into windows, sometimes when whatching a video on youtube or trying to enter a game and i have the latest drivers

This situation happened to me while ago with my RX460 but some how i managed to get it stable and working (not sure how but im sure i didnt touch the gpus core speed or memory speed)

So what i have tried so far?
1 -Clean Radeon drivers with DDU and fresh driver install - didnt worked
2- With Radeon Software Tuning Power up to 50% and down to -30% - didnt worked
3- I had 4 stick of RAM and i only used 2 of them removed the others Thats seems to work for a sort period but now -didnt worked
4- Plugged back my 460RX it does the same issue (drivers crash)

So my question @RSMafia areyou having the same issue as me? can you try some of solution ive tried it might not work for me but maybe will work for you

My spects:
CPU: FX8350
Motherboard: AsRock 970 Pro3 R2.0
RAM: 2x4 DDR3 1600Mhz
PSU: 1000W PFC Silent Fan ATX 20pin 12V
I think i found the answer to my problem. I think the gpu was overheating cause i changed the thermal pads and i think they are too thick (1.5mm) and the old ones were 0.50mm.Cause i just opened my ccard and the cooler was not touching the gpu(cip)

Apr 27, 2020
I think i found the answer to my problem. I think the gpu was overheating cause i changed the thermal pads and i think they are too thick (1.5mm) and the old ones were 0.50mm.Cause i just opened my ccard and the cooler was not touching the gpu(cip)
Alright then ill be waiting for your results

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts