RX 580 Random Letters Missing in Text?

Sep 21, 2018
I'm having an unusual problem with the text displayed on my TV. I'm not sure if it's a 4k scaling problem or what, but I'm running an RX 580 for my new Sony x900f. Everything was fine for a couple of weeks after upgrading to the 4k TV, but just yesterday I noticed when I pulled up a Word document that most of the text was missing. Now it is happening everywhere!

There's kind of a wavy pattern to what is missing in dense text. Parts of letters were invisible completely and some were just transparent. The problem is intermittent and when I scroll my mouse over it, the letters usually reappear. Nothing but letters seem to be effected, though the problem persists through various applications.

I've run updates, and updated my RX 580 drivers specifically, yet it didn't fix anything. I've been playing around with some of the display settings in my Radeon Setting control menu but nothing has fixed the issue. Either my google-fu is lacking or nobody else is having this problem. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sep 21, 2018
Turns out it was hardware accelerator option under google chrome that was causing the problem. I'm not sure why it was affecting other applications, but turning it off seems to have resolved things.