[SOLVED] RX 580 screen tearing issues

howtobeironic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
I have this 1-year old RX 580 8GB card paired with an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (full specs:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/x8Vpmg)
I started to notice screen tearing under high load (a part of screen being stuck in the previous frame) a few months ago. Whenever it's a load coming up (example, a team fight in LoL or a Railjack mission on Warframe, or even, snapmap levels in DOOM, or by solely running MHW) I notice screen tearing in the same region (stays in the same line) which goes away when the load is resolved. I meddle with freesync settings (monitor and card supports it) and switch it to Enabled (in game, in AMD Radeon software or both at the same time) and only game that seems to not have screen tearing after that is DOOM. So:
1)I need to pinpoint which component is the culprit (though I mostly suspect the GPU) though it's hard for me to use the swap-until-found technique, though I can find the needed parts
2)After that, I need solid evidence to submit to the RMA service (all parts still have warranty, I have the papers and there is no overclocks, though the RMA service members are kind of dumb and will most likely send the card back unless I shove the evidence on their face)

Any thoughts?

howtobeironic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
I realized one thing, sorry norcalsc, I have two sticks of 8 GB's as a pair kit, so it's on dual-channel. It's wrong in the link though I made sure it was 2x8. Mobile site sucks.

After that, it's been a year, and this is my first time noticing that wattage requrement. Always took pcpartpicker's measurements as the guidestone, I'm here to blame.
I already tried DDU nuking before, but BIOS, eh, I did not touch it after F23 (the required update for ryzen 2x processors) when I bought it, and it's been running for that ever since. It's not much of a chance for that, I guess. Though I'd love to give it a shot. As the time of writing, it's been F46 on the GB site. Should give it an update.

Also, one more thing: As I'm (probably) moving away for university (and I'll need a laptop, most likely) I'll have to sell that PC about six months later. It feels like getting a new PSU for it would be a waste (yes, it hurts saying a new psu is a waste to get). Your thoughts on this one? (Though logically I need to fix that tearing before selling it anyway)? Should I get it a new PSU and sell the (rather) old one? Or keep that money for the laptop, somehow?

howtobeironic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
In a very future update, I managed to (mostly) solve the problem by disabling freesync and setting manual vsync to monitor's refresh rate. Still, there's slight tearing while the card is running on %100 power (such as running MHW), other than that, I couldn't see anymore tearing. What do you guys think?