[SOLVED] RX 580 Sometimes Crashing in Heaven or gaming, sometimes stable

Dec 19, 2020
I bought a used Sapphire RX 580 the other day, the guy told me he was mining for 3 months and decided to quit.
The card looks to be in good condition.
Now, when I run Heaven benchmark on ultra settings it will almost always go to a black screen and I have to restart the pc.
If I run it on high with anti-aliasing off, it will go on forever, no problems. If I go ultra settings with anti-aliasing off sometimes it will go for a few passes no problem, other times it just crashes at the start.

Furmark runs super stable on default 1080 settings, but as soon as I turn on MSAA it will crash.

I tried playing Cyberpunk on it on medium settings and I played like 3-4 hours no problem yesterday, but today it just kept crashing as soon as the game loads. (the actual gameplay, not the menus). Then a weird thing happened, it was like Cyberpunk broke the drivers. I was getting light artifacts in Heaven, restart didnt help.
I reinstalled the drivers to a an older version and I played CP for an hour no problem. Then I tried Heaven again and it ran fine for 30 minutes, then I turned Anti-aliasing on and it insta crashed.
The temperatures don't go over 55-60 C so it's not overheating. It's not overclocked. (in fact I tried underclocking , it did nothing)
It runs fine in Windows, playing video and all the other normal use.

I tried all of the above on both the silent and performance modes of BIOS. (it has a little switch for changing). No differences at all.

I have a Corsair CX500 psu, though I do have 3 hard drives, and SSD and 32gigs of RAM in it with an 4th gen i7.

Anyone have any idea what might be the problem?

Solution
What drivers are you currently using?
What was your old gpu?
Have you used DDU since the upgrade?
20.10.1 drivers or better is a requirement for proper use IMHO
Another thing to try is backing the memory off 50Mhz