Question Rx 580 Crashing

Ethanos

Prominent
May 28, 2020
www.youtube.com
So I have an RX 580 and it used to work fine but now whenever I try to play warzone or fortnite the 3D usage goes up to 100% and then my screen just turns to black but my PC lights and fans are still running and I have to hold the power button to restart it. What can I do to keep it from crashing while running games that it was previously running fine on?

Ethanos

Prominent
May 28, 2020
www.youtube.com
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB
RAM: T Force Vulcan Z 16GB
PSU: EVGA 600W P/N: 100-W1-0600-K1

Before it crashes it runs at 65-75 Degrees Celsius

Last edited:

Ethanos

Prominent
May 28, 2020
www.youtube.com
I am so stupid. The thing that was crashing my games was that I had a setting in the AMD Radeon Software called Virtual Super Resolution on. All I had to do was turn it off and restart my computer. Thank you for trying to help tho

Ethanos

Prominent
May 28, 2020
www.youtube.com
So I have an RX 580 and it used to work fine but now whenever I try to play warzone or fortnite the 3D usage goes up to 100% and then my screen just turns to black but my PC lights and fans are still running and I have to hold the power button to restart it. What can I do to keep it from crashing while running games that it was previously running fine on?

Full System specs:
GPU: RX 580
RAM: 2 stick 8GB T-force Vulcan Z
PSU: EVGA 600W

Jul 19, 2020
Not sure what is going on but my RX480 had problems after upgrading to Ryzen 3600 (and other bits). Turned out it needed new thermal paste and the back plate reseating... This was after I tried undervolting it and even buying a new PSU...!

When I say "what is going on" there seem to be a number of posts I've seen on interwebs about RX480 / 580 etc... could be totally unrelated to your issue though.

poorbugger

Distinguished

Full System specs:
GPU: RX 580
RAM: 2 stick 8GB T-force Vulcan Z
PSU: EVGA 600W
Did you update your drivers? Because there are issues with the latest driver. Use 20.4.2 or 20.5.1 was stable for my experience. Also, it's usually the psu that's failing here

Ethanos

Prominent
May 28, 2020
www.youtube.com
Did you update your drivers? Because there are issues with the latest driver. Use 20.4.2 or 20.5.1 was stable for my experience. Also, it's usually the psu that's failing here
I tried older driver versions and still had the same problem. How do I know if it is a problem with my PSU?

poorbugger

Distinguished
I tried older driver versions and still had the same problem. How do I know if it is a problem with my PSU?
I see, well that's unfortunate. I know you mentioned you used to have this gpu but is it bought used? Because used rx 580 or 570 are usually for mining and they have specific bios for mining that shuts pc down at a certain temp. As for your psu, how long do you have it for. What's the model of it?

Ethanos

Prominent
May 28, 2020
www.youtube.com
I see, well that's unfortunate. I know you mentioned you used to have this gpu but is it bought used? Because used rx 580 or 570 are usually for mining and they have specific bios for mining that shuts pc down at a certain temp. As for your psu, how long do you have it for. What's the model of it?
That's the weird thing because I bought everything new and just built my PC on June 12th. I didn't mean that I used to have the GPU, I meant that It used to work fine for like the 1st month