Question rx 580 underperforming or?

Jun 21, 2019
So i recently bought an rx 580 red dragon powercolor 4gb, and i feel as if it's performing well below how it should, i bought it to upgrade my 1050ti and i've been playing games and whenever i change the settings preset my monitor loses signal and i have to turn my pc on and off, and if that doesn't happen, in a game like total war attila, when on the home my game stutters every say, 2 seconds and it's rather frustrating, on dayz in generali was managing 70-80 sometimes 110 fps but with the rx 580 i'm getting around 40 fps. many games just crash when i load into them, can anyone help me or suggest something?

the specs i know are
RX 580 4gb
i5-3470
500w power supply (not sure the exact one)
and 8 gigs of ram

Thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PULSE-PPS-500BR-Power-Supply-Unit/dp/B009S5DU14
just looked at the model and search it and this is what it is, looks cheap.
That looks like a piece of junk, annoyingly no one lists the useful spec of ram Amp rating per rail which is probably deliberate to hide the fact it’s not actually 500w. It’s that bad I would stop using the pc until you change it. If it fails it could easily damage other components. With PSU’s quality is very important.

Jun 21, 2019
That looks like a piece of junk, annoyingly no one lists the useful spec of ram Amp rating per rail which is probably deliberate to hide the fact it’s not actually 500w. It’s that bad I would stop using the pc until you change it. If it fails it could easily damage other components. With PSU’s quality is very important.
Do you have any suggestions on a good psu?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PULSE-PPS-500BR-Power-Supply-Unit/dp/B009S5DU14
just looked at the model and search it and this is what it is, looks cheap.

That's a poor quality generic PSU. Do not even think of using this PSU to power the RX 580.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

I would recommend you to get the following PSU models and brands. These are high quality units. Look for similar SKUs.

SEASONIC PRIME, and Prime Ultra, or FOCUS Plus GOLD, Focus Plus Platinum.

CORSAIR AXi, RMi, RMx 550/650W, SF, HX 2017, HXi.

FSP - Hydro PTM 550/650W.

Cooler Master - MasterWatt Maker MiJ, V series 550/650W.

Antec - High Current Pro, High Current Platinum, Earthwatts Pro Gold, HCG Gold.

Super Flower - Leadex Gold II.

be Quiet! - Dark Power Pro 11, Straight Power 11, Dark Power Pro P10.

EVGA -Supernova G1+, GQ, P2, T2, G2, B2, BQ =>750.

Btw, this PSU list is NOT exhaustive, nor 100% accurate though, but at least it gives us some idea about the brand reputation, in the hierarchy list..BUT, make a note though. Despite Seasonic, XFX listed under the "arguably best brands" category by me, they have had pretty poor quality units as well. like the XT series, and SeaSonic S12II Series. There are more exceptions though...

Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies.

PSU brands to never buy from

• Diablotek
  • Chieftech
  • Circle
  • Sharkoon
  • Youngbear
  • Powercool
  • Rocketfish
  • Rave
  • Linkworld
  • Shuttle
  • Skyhawk
  • Foxconn
  • Wintech
  • Winpower
  • Apevia
  • Coolmax
  • Logisys
  • Sparkle
  • Raidmax
  • Zalman
  • Diablotek
  • Xilence
  • Tacens
  • iBALL
  • Zebronics.
  • Logisys.

• Average PSU brands (Not deadly but I would avoid them)
  • NZXT
  • Enermax
  • Cougar
  • Bitfenix
Good PSU brands (These psu brands have decent-great PSUs, but also have a few outliers)
  • EVGA
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Cooler master
  • Be quiet!
  • Fractal Design
  • SilverStone
  • FSP.
Arguably the best brands, but that's a slight exaggeration..
  • Seasonic
  • XFX
  • Superflower
Conclusion
Most power supplies you buy should be fine as long as you're not pushing them to the very limits. I obviously didn't include every OEM and re-seller but I listed the main ones. Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies, it just takes a little reviewing and forethought into your system requirements before you make a selection....