Nov 12, 2019
Hey, i am building a pc in December (late 2019) and i've been struggling to decide between these two cards. The 1660 cost about 30 $ more with only 10% more performance. Right now, the RX 580 seems to be the right choice but im worried about future proofing since the card is 2 years old already. Please help me decide, thank you !

Solution
Hey, i am building a pc in December (late 2019) and i've been struggling to decide between these two cards. The 1660 cost about 30 $ more with only 10% more performance. Right now, the RX 580 seems to be the right choice but im worried about future proofing since the card is 2 years old already. Please help me decide, thank you !

Hi @kaptenkesbor

Whats your max budget? In the very near future new cards are coming out, which by the time Dec. arrives, you may be better able to save up a bit more (if possible as I know it's Christmas time) which will get you a better card. We also need to know what PSU you either have now or will have, as this may/will impact the decisions.

Both are good cards. If it was only between...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

Hi @kaptenkesbor

Whats your max budget? In the very near future new cards are coming out, which by the time Dec. arrives, you may be better able to save up a bit more (if possible as I know it's Christmas time) which will get you a better card. We also need to know what PSU you either have now or will have, as this may/will impact the decisions.

Both are good cards. If it was only between those 2 cards and I had to choose now, for me it would be the 1660. There is the "Super" & "Ti" variants as well.

More info please.

Solution
Nov 12, 2019
Hi @kaptenkesbor

Both are good cards. If it was only between those 2 cards and I had to choose now, for me it would be the 1660. There is the "Super" & "Ti" variants as well.

More info please.
Hey ! Thanks for replying ! My budget is about 800$ ish , and i a planning to buy the System Power U9 600W by be quiet! The motherboard will be MSI B450M PRO M2 MAX, The cpu is Ryzen 2600 with a GEiL (2x8) RAM. What would you think will be the best option for me ?