[SOLVED] RX 580 constantly crashing ?

Riley_22

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017
Hello so i am posting here becausae ive exausted all other options other than a new gpu

the gpu crashes constantley updated drivers not fixed
lowered clock speed because out of box clock speed is 1366 which is not suggested for it
idk what to try anymore please any advice other than a new gpu i might do that if the stimulus comes around but we will see.

Solution
so funny story uhhhh
EVERY.SINGLE,GPU is out of stock from everywhere i can find newegg/amazon found a fan replacement on amazon and saw a vid of someone deshrouding there 580 so ik its possible, until that gets here i relocated a case fan to blow into the place where the dead fan is its keeping my gpu from crashing so far my replacement fan should be here tomorrow , cant believe of all things it was going to be a fan the gpu is only like 2-3years old

As I mentioned earlier. The market of pc’s today is screwed and not just the GPU market, this is because of COVID and the increasing amount of people shopping online. Before, graphics cards were reasonably priced even old generations as well, while today they’ve been increased...

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Hello so i am posting here becausae ive exausted all other options other than a new gpu

the gpu crashes constantley updated drivers not fixed
lowered clock speed because out of box clock speed is 1366 which is not suggested for it
idk what to try anymore please any advice other than a new gpu i might do that if the stimulus comes around but we will see.
Well out of the box is says “1366” that could be referring to it’s base clock of the 580 while I do know they state it’s boost clock but every card has different clocks depending on which company you got it from.

Besides that list your full PC specs and especially your power supply as GPU crashes can mostly relate to power delivery issues being unstable. While corrupted drivers can cause GPU problems as well but you’ve e updated your drivers, and you also down clocked your GPU with the crashing still occurring.

Try to use DDU and reinstall your GPU drivers, DDU should entirely clean your GPU divers and not just your files but register as well which should help with your crashes if it’s actually a driver issue.

Again list your of specs, and while gaming look at your GPU temps as well since overheating can cause problems, I also do know that 580’s can run hot as I had one before and they were power hungry being around 220 watts under load.

Riley_22

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017
Well out of the box is says “1366” that could be referring to it’s base clock of the 580 while I do know they state it’s boost clock but every card has different clocks depending on which company you got it from.

Besides that list your full PC specs and especially your power supply as GPU crashes can mostly relate to power delivery issues being unstable. While corrupted drivers can cause GPU problems as well but you’ve e updated your drivers, and you also down clocked your GPU with the crashing still occurring.

Try to use DDU and reinstall your GPU drivers, DDU should entirely clean your GPU divers and not just your files but register as well which should help with your crashes if it’s actually a driver issue.

Again list your of specs, and while gaming look at your GPU temps as well since overheating can cause problems, I also do know that 580’s can run hot as I had one before and they were power hungry being around 220 watts under load.
ok here we go full pc specs
Amd-ryzen7-2700x
16-gb of ddr4 memory-running at whatever they want to cant figure out how to stabily put them at there stock clock speeds
power supply-corsair cx750m
radeon rx 580

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
i have not if the problem persists after ddu'ing my drivers i will try that
PSU seems good unless it’s a green unit one which is the older version of the cx series, basically the older cx series has a green word labeled sticker whereas the updated ones has grey.

Make sure to monitor temps when gaming while using MSI afterburner, or look at task manager which it should show your temps as well.

Riley_22

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017
PSU seems good unless it’s a green unit one which is the older version of the cx series, basically the older cx series has a green word labeled sticker whereas the updated ones has grey.

Make sure to monitor temps when gaming while using MSI afterburner, or look at task manager which it should show your temps as well.
current temp is 86 while running poe not really doing anything cpu is not trying at all i dont know which one poe likes to use more but im almost concerned at how little my cpu is being utilized

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
current temp is 86 while running poe not really doing anything cpu is not trying at all i dont know which one poe likes to use more but im almost concerned at how little my cpu is being utilized
If 86c then that’s above normal temps and too hot especially your not doing anything demanding which is a huge problem.

Well I’m not sure what you’re doing but if it’s a demanding application and your cpu utilization is low while your GPU is high, then pretty much your GPU can’t keep up or it’s under performing because of how hot it’s getting.

Make sure to look at your GPU to see if fans are spinning, if not then they might have died or you might of made a mistake with your fan curve settings, if they are but temps are still high, clean the card if it’s clogged with dust, and re paste it with thermal paste if you have one.

When I had my MSI armor RX 580 it was pretty loud and temps were mostly sitting at 78c or sometimes 81c but only when I play demanding games. Although some cards can run around 80c but just not everyday, and 86c is too close to 90c which at some point the card will shut down your system depending what temp limit it’s set at to prevent any damages.

Riley_22

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017
If 86c then that’s above normal temps and too hot especially your not doing anything demanding which is a huge problem.

Well I’m not sure what you’re doing but if it’s a demanding application and your cpu utilization is low while your GPU is high, then pretty much your GPU can’t keep up or it’s under performing because of how hot it’s getting.

Make sure to look at your GPU to see if fans are spinning, if not then they might have died or you might of made a mistake with your fan curve settings, if they are but temps are still high, clean the card if it’s clogged with dust, and re paste it with thermal paste if you have one.

When I had my MSI armor RX 580 it was pretty loud and temps were mostly sitting at 78c or sometimes 81c but only when I play demanding games. Although some cards can run around 80c but just not everyday, and 86c is too close to 90c which at some point the card will shut down your system depending what temp limit it’s set at to prevent any damages.
that would make alot of sense condiering how my poe wont stay open and keeps crashing i havent had any full crashes since i ddu but still very unstable

Riley_22

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017

Well took my GPu out and yep one ofthe fans is bad probably dust

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
couldnt get fan off and blowing compressed air in there didnt help just going to have a fan blow air onto the gpu and do some shopping for a gtx 1080ti
Yes a gtx 1080ti is a good improvement over the 580. Since you were considering upgrading your GPU it’s best to do that than fixing the 580. You could sell your 580 for “parts of repair” but what you do know that it’s functional but the fans are probably bad so someone might be able to buy it depending what price range you set it as.

Happy shopping and it might take awhile for you to find a 1080ti due to the market, but it takes a lot of patience and luck nowadays. Good luck I hope you can find the card you want.

Riley_22

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017
Yes a gtx 1080ti is a good improvement over the 580. Since you were considering upgrading your GPU it’s best to do that than fixing the 580. You could sell your 580 for “parts of repair” but what you do know that it’s functional but the fans are probably bad so someone might be able to buy it depending what price range you set it as.

Happy shopping and it might take awhile for you to find a 1080ti due to the market, but it takes a lot of patience and luck nowadays. Good luck I hope you can find the card you want.
so funny story uhhhh
EVERY.SINGLE,GPU is out of stock from everywhere i can find newegg/amazon found a fan replacement on amazon and saw a vid of someone deshrouding there 580 so ik its possible, until that gets here i relocated a case fan to blow into the place where the dead fan is its keeping my gpu from crashing so far my replacement fan should be here tomorrow , cant believe of all things it was going to be a fan the gpu is only like 2-3years old

Reactions: okjak808

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
so funny story uhhhh

As I mentioned earlier. The market of pc’s today is screwed and not just the GPU market, this is because of COVID and the increasing amount of people shopping online. Before, graphics cards were reasonably priced even old generations as well, while today they’ve been increased drastically.

Not only that due to the shortages of the new 30 series GPU. Many are selling their old gen cards highly priced in order to buy the 30series because of how scalpers are reselling them for over 2k dollars. Same goes for the 16 series as well. I’ve witnessed a 1660TI 10 in stock at Newegg being sold less than 5 minutes I’m serious…

While I had a 580 back in 2018 but that was a different build and I sold it. I came back to pc gaming again in late 2020 when the market wasn’t so bad. But upon looking for a new GPU it was extremely difficult since prices were raised. It took me about a month to find the card I want since I had to save up more, luckily I found a 1070 for 290 dollars in good condition while the seller on eBay had about more in stock 5 were already sold in 2 days.

I could’ve gone with a 1660 s or ti as I know many would say. But prices for them were pretty high as well, and while some being priced at a good range sold pretty quick, at that time I never had enough cash to buy that 1660ti when it had 10 in stock. I was trying to but I never realized it would’ve sold out within minutes so I had to find another option.

This applies for AMD cards as well due to their new series of cards they went into an outage as well due to miners. Many people now days would often buy these new cards and resell them for more due to the outage.

Besides that stick with your card for now which is up to you. But I recommend just fixing up the RX 580 you have and use it for now until you can save up money for the card you want, it at least for the market to restore. Trust me I had my 970 about a few months and I’ve been wanting to upgrade to a 1070 at least but I chose the wrong time to do so since this was all unexpected.

Also what’s what brand of the 580 you got ex, Asus, Sapphire, Gigabyte??

Solution