[SOLVED] RX 590 AND FX8320 LOW FPS

Nov 23, 2019
got a new rx 590 to use it with my old amd fx 8320 but the thing is that it doesnt even reaches 60fps in battlefield 4! i did use the aorus oc software to oc at 1560 and the performance was worse so i put it back to stock
is it bottlecking? my psu is not enough? im planing to get a ryzen 5 2600
my specs are:
amd 8320e
gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
kingston blu 8gb dd3
aerocool strike x 600watts 80+ bronce

Solution
Get the Ryzen 2600, and get rid of that Strike X power supply. Those are incredibly poor quality units. Almost certainly you have power delivery issues stemming from the use of that power supply and that can affect pretty much everything in the system.

Especially if it has some miles on it. How old is that unit, or more appropriately, how long has it been in service?

Plus, that motherboard should have NEVER been used with an FX 8 core CPU. It simply does not have good enough power phase/power delivery, to handle FX8. It is a fine board for FX 4 or 6 core CPUs, but with an 8 core 8000 series CPU you are almost certainly seeing CPU or VRM throttling under heavy loads even if it seems as though there is not a thermal problem.
Get the Ryzen 2600, and get rid of that Strike X power supply. Those are incredibly poor quality units. Almost certainly you have power delivery issues stemming from the use of that power supply and that can affect pretty much everything in the system.

Especially if it has some miles on it. How old is that unit, or more appropriately, how long has it been in service?

Plus, that motherboard should have NEVER been used with an FX 8 core CPU. It simply does not have good enough power phase/power delivery, to handle FX8. It is a fine board for FX 4 or 6 core CPUs, but with an 8 core 8000 series CPU you are almost certainly seeing CPU or VRM throttling under heavy loads even if it seems as though there is not a thermal problem.

Solution
Nov 23, 2019

the psu is about 5 years old! could it possible be a bad gpu? how could i check that?

It is very doubtful that it would be a bad GPU. It is almost certainly related to the age and crappy performance of the FX lineup which now, is about 7 years old and was crappy even the day it was released when compared to other options at that time and definitely when compared to today's options. When you add the additional factors of a poor quality power supply and a motherboard that was NEVER able to adequately support the power requirements of that CPU in the first place, into the mix, it is not surprising at all that you have performance issues.

TRENDING THREADS