Question Rx 590 and ryzen 7 2700

Oct 28, 2019
i have recently purchased a rx 590 red devil gpu with a ryzen 7 2700. im having a problem booting the card into bios or windows. im getting power to the gpu and everything just no display and black screen. I have a ASUS prime b450 plus, 650 watt by corsair, viper rgb 16 gb (2x8GB)

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
i have recently purchased a rx 590 red devil gpu with a ryzen 7 2700. im having a problem booting the card into bios or windows. im getting power to the gpu and everything just no display and black screen. I have a ASUS prime b450 plus, 650 watt by corsair, viper rgb 16 gb (2x8GB)

You have power going to the GPU via the 6-Pin + 8-Pin molex. You have Power going to the mobo via the main 24 pin molex. How about the additional 8-pin power next to the CPU? Do you have the CPU fan plugged in to the correct connector (Bottom of the 2) next to the RAM slot? (Dimm_A1) Do you have the 590 in the Upper PCIE slot?

How is the GPU connected to your monitor? DVI? DP? HDMI? The source on the monitor is set to the corresponding connection correct?

Last edited: