Question RX 590 extreme coil whine, crashing, windows errors

Teodor Bajzik

Commendable
Mar 25, 2020
Last summer I bought brand new pc for 750€ . Here are the specs: Ryzen 5 2600 (with stock cooler), 16 GB RAM HYPER X (1x16GB, 3200mhz), asrock b450m pro 4 F, ASROCK RX 590, Samsung NVMe 250GB, WD 1TB HDD, Zalman ZM600-LX and it is all in NZXT H500. First of all, I didnt know that what coil-whine was, so I wasnt giving attention to it, until everything started collapsing. I get huge ammount of errors and windows crashes (Minimum 1 Windows crash per day and lots of other applications crashing). Settings dont really matter. On mafia 3 1920x1080: Low settings- approximately 25 minutes without crash. Everything on high- approximately 5 minutes without crash. FPS are the same on both settings, because I have the VSync on. Please help me. I was already suggested to reclaim my psu, but can It be GPU dying if It is already second (reclaimed) asrock RX590? What should I do, reclaim GPU and PSU or only PSU ? If you want, I can record the coil-whine without vsync.This is the windows reliability monitor, and I could see, that the windows was crashing because of not specified hardware problems

Going by your posts, it seems you already replaced the video card but with another used one? To make sure it's the video card you would need to test it in another system with a known good PSU and also test a known good video card that works in another system in yours. Your CPU does not have a built in video chip so you need to try other video cards.

Teodor Bajzik

Commendable
Mar 25, 2020
Going by your posts, it seems you already replaced the video card but with another used one? To make sure it's the video card you would need to test it in another system with a known good PSU and also test a known good video card that works in another system in yours. Your CPU does not have a built in video chip so you need to try other video cards.
Yes, it was already reclaimed once. But I don't have another system to run it on... Is there any software test or I can do nothing about it ?

TRENDING THREADS