Question RX 590 Fatboy Black screen/Freezing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2020
I have an issue where my graphics card would just stop working wether im playing the game or in the lobby. I run MSI Afterburner and the tempuratures seem perfectly fine. Most of the time it goes to a black screen, and im forced to hard reset my pc. Would it be best to contact AMD and try to get a refund? Im not sure if there's an answer to this but if there is please help me out.( I always have my drivers up to date)

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
I have an issue where my graphics card would just stop working wether im playing the game or in the lobby. I run MSI Afterburner and the tempuratures seem perfectly fine. Most of the time it goes to a black screen, and im forced to hard reset my pc. Would it be best to contact AMD and try to get a refund? Im not sure if there's an answer to this but if there is please help me out.( I always have my drivers up to date)

This is probably that issue if you've heard of where AMD GPU drivers are all messed up, and games are crashing. Check if you graphics drivers are in fact up to date, but other than that you just gotta hope and pray that it doesn't crash.

Oct 5, 2020
So if I understood correctly, nothing is wrong with my system and its the drivers that are causing it? All I can do is hope and pray it wont crash.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
As requested earlier, we need to know the make/model of all installed components. This could be a number of things, not just a driver issue. These symptoms are often heat and/or power related.

We need to know what we are working with to troubleshoot properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.