vipsangym

Reputable
May 29, 2017
Hi people! About a month ago I bought an AMD Rx 590 Nitro +.When i boot into Windows 10, right before the login picture shows up there is a colored line showing up (not every time though).I don't know what is that but as soon as the pc gets into windows everything normal.
These are some pictures:
https://ibb.co/G0gg7jd

One more thing i have to mention: Yesterday i tried to overclock my fx 6350. Of course the pc went through a lot of bsods and every time it happened there were a lot of artifacts and a "Not Optimum mode" message as well as crazy lines and dots flashing on my screen until the pc restarted.

Is my card broken?Should I refund it?

Your current PSU might be the culprit here, IMO....That's a not very good power unit, and falls under the lower tier category of the PSU hierarchy. Not recommended for your current GPU, or any other gaming rig. Please grab some other high-quality PSU model, if possible.

I would rather avoid using this PSU to power up any GPU. Not recommended.

Last edited:

vipsangym

Reputable
May 29, 2017
Unfortunately, I can't change my PSU right now.I used it with a gtx 770 and it worked like a charm.Do you really think a PSU would cause a boot artifact? Why is it not causing in game artifacts then? Do you think this PSU can't power a FX+RX 590 combo? I don't think so...