[SOLVED] Rx 590 Phantom gaming screen flickering green

H20wned

BANNED
Oct 8, 2019
Hi everyone i recently bought an all AMD PC and when i game the screen flickers green and has different lines through it at random times and sometimes goes black and my pc restarts completely i have all updated drivers for my MOBO GPU etc and nothing is overclocked and my temps never get above 55C.

Specs are
Ryzen 3600
Asus prime b450-A
16gb ADATA RAM 3000mhz
500gb WD SSD NAND
600w 80+ gold thermaltake psu

Last edited:
Solution
Lines, artifacts and discoloration are signs of a dying GPU. If possible try your GPU to another PC to confirm this. If it's under warranty RMA it.

What is the exact model of your PSU?

H20wned

BANNED
Oct 8, 2019
Lines, artifacts and discoloration are signs of a dying GPU. If possible try your GPU to another PC to confirm this. If it's under warranty RMA it.

What is the exact model of your PSU?
I dont know the exact model. maybe the gpu is defective considering this marks a week of owning the pc and even trying to load a game shuts the computer down completely past any menu screens. I want to be sure its the gpu so i dont replace it for nothing. Any suggestions to eliminate other options? (edit:) i do not have another desktop to test your theory, my memory is also supposed to be 3000mhz but in my bios runs at 2666, could that be a problem?

RAM speed is not a problem now. You need to enable XMP from BIOS and it will run to it's advertised speed.

There are not many other options. Either you try your GPU to another PC or you take it to a repair shop.

What do you mean you don't know the exact model? Open your case and take a look or check your receipt.

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
I dont know the exact model. maybe the gpu is defective considering this marks a week of owning the pc and even trying to load a game shuts the computer down completely past any menu screens. I want to be sure its the gpu so i dont replace it for nothing. Any suggestions to eliminate other options? (edit:) i do not have another desktop to test your theory, my memory is also supposed to be 3000mhz but in my bios runs at 2666, could that be a problem?
its not the ram speed the 3rd gen supports 3200mhz in stock