Question RX 590 vs GTX 1660 vs GTX 1660 Ti.

Jul 21, 2019
Hi, a while ago I've decided to go for an upgrade from my current GPU. My budget is 280$ max, and my CPU is Ryzen 5 1600.

The prices are;

Sapphire RX 590 Nitro+ Special Edition ~215$. Comes with 3 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC.

Gigabyte GTX 1660 Windforce OC. ~230$. Does not come with anything.

GTX 1660 Ti MSI Ventus. ~270$. Does not come with anything.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
The AMD card will draw more power, if you didn't know. I'd like to ask you what the make and model of your PSU is and it's age...?

If you're not bothered about power draw and your PSU can handle it, I'd say the RX590 but if you're concerned about the heat dump/power draw, then GTX1660Ti will get my vote, among those three listed above.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Jul 21, 2019
The AMD card will draw more power, if you didn't know. I'd like to ask you what the make and model of your PSU is and it's age...?

If you're not bothered about power draw and your PSU can handle it, I'd say the RX590 but if you're concerned about the heat dump/power draw, then GTX1660Ti will get my vote, among those three listed above.

I have 600W 80+ PSU, so I don't really care about power draw, heat on the other hand, I wouldn't want it to go higher than 70-75c.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Is it worth spending 55$ more for it? (From RX 590.) Also, In a few benchmarks I've seen the R5 1600 bottlenecking the 1660 Ti. And the thing that pulls me to the RX 590 is the 8 GB of VRam and the Xbox Game Pass Bundle.

The 6 vs. 8 GB of VRAM doesn't matter much if you're at 1080p and if you're at 1440p, you'd likely want to invest more in a GPU.

Never seen a bottleneck large enough to care about for this combination. Do you have a link to where you saw this? I'd choose faster hardware over a temporary free software service.

Jul 21, 2019
The 6 vs. 8 GB of VRAM doesn't matter much if you're at 1080p and if you're at 1440p, you'd likely want to invest more in a GPU.

Never seen a bottleneck large enough to care about for this combination. Do you have a link to where you saw this? I'd choose faster hardware over a temporary free software service.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UrWeSRx-ng

In some games the usage of GTX 1660 Ti drops below 90%.

Also in this video the CPU is a R5 2600, and it still seems to bottleneck it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-lgrVXas_A

TRENDING THREADS