Question RX 590 won't fit properly on ASUS H81M-E motherboard ?

Mar 10, 2023
Guys I got new graphic card when I install my graphic card on my mobo I hear click sound that means it is slotted in but the gold connecters are not all the way in the slot. I think graphic card is blocked by front panel connectors need suggestions if anyone has same setup. When I turn on pc my mu monitor only gives orange light while my pc and graphic card is running.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the case that you're working with? A badly built chassis can impede any PCIe from dropping into the slot completely. I've had the same happen to me when a client of mine forced me to work with a generic no name Chinese chassis that was built with 1mm thick steel panels, am not making that kind of thing up. I literally showed the client that the case was what was impeding the installation of the discrete GPU.

Might want to pass on images of the issue you're dealing with, if it's not the case.

Just curious, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Mar 10, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the case that you're working with? A badly built chassis can impede any PCIe from dropping into the slot completely. I've had the same happen to me when a client of mine forced me to work with a generic no name Chinese chassis that was built with 1mm thick steel panels, am not making that kind of thing up. I literally showed the client that the case was what was impeding the installation of the discrete GPU.

Might want to pass on images of the issue you're dealing with, if it's not the case.

Just curious, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Graphic card is sapphire nitro + 590,
mobo is Asus h81 M-E.
Casing is cooler master K380 .
PSU is a 550w chinese brand.

Lutfij

Titan
If you don't know, how are we supposed to help you? Might want to identify the model of the Coolermaster case. As for the PSU...and wattage alone, you're lacking. You should have a reliably built 650W unit to power your build while having an RX590 in there.

I've worked in that chassis, you shouldn't be running into any issues dropping that GPU into the case. Might want to inspect the expansion slots/covers on the GPU to see if they're bent. Is this GPU brand new or used?

Mar 10, 2023
If you don't know, how are we supposed to help you? Might want to identify the model of the Coolermaster case. As for the PSU...and wattage alone, you're lacking. You should have a reliably built 650W unit to power your build while having an RX590 in there.

I've worked in that chassis, you shouldn't be running into any issues dropping that GPU into the case. Might want to inspect the expansion slots/covers on the GPU to see if they're bent. Is this GPU brand new or used?

I tested this gpu in shop and it was working fine on their mobo it was without casing. Btw I am using a DVI-to-VGA connector so maybe it is related to this ?