Question RX 590 XFX Fatboy 8gb oc+ stuck at 300mhz under load?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2020
Hello all,

3 days ago i bought GPU RX590 XFX Fatboy oc+ 8gb. It worked ok for 2 days and on 3rd day during a game fps dropped to 24 and wont go over. After a some testing in furmark and in games i realized it wont move over 300mhz, i know thats normal in idle but it stays that way even in stress test. I tried every single available version of the driver, tried it on 3 different pc's which had 1000w PSU,setting mhz manually but was unable because it wont allow me.

At some point during the countless testing attempts, it started working normally for about 1 minute then again dropped down to 300 and never went up ever again. I need advice?

Other components are:
Asus Prime b450M-A
16gb hyperx predator
ryzen 5 3600x
Chieftec Element S 600w

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Advice? Get a power supply that can power your card, because that one can't.

Yes, I read what people write, when they write something worth reading. And even when they don't. You didn't say a word about any of those PSUs, you simply said "3 different PC's" which could mean anything, including three OEM systems with 250w POS power supplies, which is usually the case when somebody posts here and the original PSU is something like a Chieftec unit. So, don't blame me for your lack of providing helpful information.

Good luck with solving your problem. I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.