Question RX 6600 BSOD and freezing while stressed

Oct 3, 2024
As I mentioned in title, while stressing my RX 6600 I usually have BSOD with freezing. Issue started after I reinstalled my windows 10.

My hardware:
PSU 1000W
CPU Intel Core i5 7500
GPU RX 6600
RAM DDR4 16 GB
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z270-P

Things that didn't worked:
Changing slots
Reinstalling drivers via DDU
Disavling XMP
Disabling ULPS
Increasing Tdr delay
Disabling MPO
Changing HDMI cable
Reinstalling windows

Things that temporarily worked:
Changing gpu core frequency to 2044 or 1626 MHz;
Lowering workload.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU 1000W
1000W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the make and model of the unit and it's age?

Issue started after I reinstalled my windows 10.
Where did you source the installer for the OS? Did you recreate the bootable USB installer to rule out an older OS version or a corrupt installer? Did you install the OS in offline mode to later install all relevant drivers(that are the latest version) in an elevated command?

BIOS version for your motherboard?

RAM DDR4 16 GB
You've generically stated your ram, if you're unsure, please pass on a link to the ram kit or pass on images of the stickered side of the stick(s) of ram.

Oct 3, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU 1000W
1000W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the make and model of the unit and it's age?

Issue started after I reinstalled my windows 10.
Where did you source the installer for the OS? Did you recreate the bootable USB installer to rule out an older OS version or a corrupt installer? Did you install the OS in offline mode to later install all relevant drivers(that are the latest version) in an elevated command?

BIOS version for your motherboard?

RAM DDR4 16 GB
You've generically stated your ram, if you're unsure, please pass on a link to the ram kit or pass on images of the stickered side of the stick(s) of ram.
I don't know the model, I'll try to find the old box

BIOS 2001, tried rolling back but failed

I am sure about my RAM. I'm new to this forum, but not to PC related things.

Now I'll tell how I encountered this issue:

I wanted to dualboot install linux alongside Windows

I wanted to delete linux via rm -rf, it worked

Windows boot partition is also erased, but not the main partition with windows

Clean install from USB

Beginning of the problem: when launching games, my gpu was giving blue screens and freezes

I tried to reinstall windows via USB again, doing clean install via cloud and via local storage, it didn't helped

Lowering frequencies only helped for a while.

My gpu is 6 months old, same with PSU, GPU and PSU weren't used before. Sticker on PSU says it's maximum workload is 1000 watts