Question Rx 6600 problem

Nov 16, 2022
Hello!
So I bought an PowerColor Fighter AMD RX6600 8GB and installed it in my PC.
My specs are: i5-8400, 8GB ram( 1 module ), 450W psu, pcie 3.0 MB, Win 11 pro
I used ddu first to get rid of nvidia drivers(previously had a 1050ti ) and then installed it and connected an 6 pin cable + an 2 pin cable.
The main problem is that i ran some benchmarks, played some games, but can't get any good performance. For example I get a maximum of 65*Celsius at 70%-100% and 40-50 FPS in 3dMark benchmakrs or games like elden ring, nfs heat, CoD at max/low grapichs.
It's kinda weird the fact that no matter what settings I choose, I almost get the same FPS( not even stable, i have lots of drops ).
I also tried using older drivers for the gpu, but the same things happens( currently on 22.11.1) . Also the wattage in the AMD adrenaline panel shows a maximum of 100W and it never crosses more than that.
Could it be psu not giving enough power? I am really confused and i can't find any solution, for the past 6 hours i have been trying to solve this.
PS: one thing to mention is that when i tried starting fortnite it said something like " amd driver known issues please update to the latest one"( but it is the last one)
Any answer is helpful!

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022
What's the cpu usage per core?

What's the RAM usage? 8GB is not much and single channel kills the performance. What's the brand and model of the RAM?

yes i used ddu to remove nvidia drivers instead of the phsyx
CPU: 88%
GPU: 77%
VRAM: 50%
RAM:76%
FPS:44
tested in elden ring medium graphics

ASK THE COMMUNITY