Question RX 6600 XT is not being utilized by CPU properly

JamesGeary7

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2014
Hello, everyone. I would like to seek some advice regarding my newly built pc. I have been running tests for my pc and my RX 6600 XT is not getting the maximum frame rates for games like warzone, Forza Horizon 5 at least basing it on tests from YouTube even with my Ryzen 5 5600g supposedly, I could easily get past 100 fps and the 1% lows are even in the 90s. Yet, my system is getting way lower than that For warzone not even in maximum settings I'm getting about 70-80 fps with high settings, for Forza Horizon 5 it's quite hard to achieve 100 fps (mix of high and ultra settings).

Is it due to my RAM only being configured in single channel?
and if i add a second stick of similar RAM and this issue persists what should i do?

So far I've tried to reinstall chipset drivers, reinstalled the latest recommended GPU drivers and also I've updated my bios to the latest version.

My Specs:
CPU - Ryzen 5 5600G
GPU - Asrock RX6600XT Challenger D 8GB
MOBO - Aorus B450i Pro Wifi
RAM - Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 (Single Stick)
PSU - COOLER MASTER SFX GOLD V650 Power Supply 80 Gold Plus
SSD - KINGSTON NV1 SNVS SSD M.2 2280 NVME PCIE GEN 3.0x4
CASE - Cooler Master NR200
Monitor - Lenovo L24i-30
CPU COOLER - Scythe FUMA 2
Os version - Windows 11

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/48314215

I ran the benchmark and here are the results. I already updated GPU, chipset, BIOS, and windows to the latest version/drivers and for thermals during gaming it is about 85-65 during gaming.
Everything good except the amount of ram being used. Was chrome open with multiple tabs?

EDIT: 85-65 temps of WHAT? Cause 85 is a bit high for GPU and is definitely high for CPU.

Last edited:
Reactions: JamesGeary7

JamesGeary7

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2014
I see, thank you so much for the help. I will continue to report once I get another 16GB RAM stick. I scanned it Malwarebytes and it seems to be clear. So should i just proceed and see how my system performs after adding the additional ram stick?

Nov 30, 2021
I see, thank you so much for the help. I will continue to report once I get another 16GB RAM stick. I scanned it Malwarebytes and it seems to be clear. So should i just proceed and see how my system performs after adding the additional ram stick?
I just bought a 6600xt and I am having almost the exact same issue. In certain games like valorant, it is getting less fps than when I used the integrated gpu of my ryzen 5 3400g when it is supposed to be much much better. Maybe the issue is with 6600xt while using cpu with igpu I’m don’t know

Yes you should definitely add another stick of exactly the same ram or even better sell the stick that you have and buy a dual kit. The dual kits are tested to definitely work together while if you buy separate ones there is no guarantee.
I just bought a 6600xt and I am having almost the exact same issue. In certain games like valorant, it is getting less fps than when I used the integrated gpu of my ryzen 5 3400g when it is supposed to be much much better. Maybe the issue is with 6600xt while using cpu with igpu I’m don’t know
It's better if you start your own thread because you are hijacking someone else's thread that might have a completely different issue than yours.
You don't even have the same generation of CPUs. You certainly need to list your full system specs in a separate thread.

Last edited:

JamesGeary7

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2014

I see. sorry to hear that man but what RAM configuration are you running? dual channel?

JamesGeary7

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2014
Yes you should definitely add another stick of exactly the same ram or even better sell the stick that you have and buy a dual kit. The dual kits are tested to definitely work together while if you buy separate ones there is no guarantee.

It's better if you start your own thread because you are hijacking someone else's thread that might have a completely different issue than yours.
You don't even have the same generation of CPUs. You certainly need to list your full system specs in a separate thread.

Update: Today bought the similar-sized ddr4 ram stick which is 16 GB, I have enabled XMP in the bios and I am still not receiving the rated frame rate of the RX 6600 XT (both ram sticks are configured at the rated speed 3200 Mhz and for timings (15, 17, 17,37)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/48338034

Update: Today bought the similar-sized ddr4 ram stick which is 16 GB, I have enabled XMP in the bios and I am still not receiving the rated frame rate of the RX 6600 XT (both ram sticks are configured at the rated speed 3200 Mhz and for timings (15, 17, 17,37)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/48338034
You didn't get a performance boost? How do you perform now in those games?

Keep in mind that almost all videos on YouTube have their highest performance uploaded which sometimes is a very tweaked system and in general does not represent the normal everyday performance you will get with a similar system.
If you get somewhat close performance you are more than well.

To be certain you need to provide exact numbers of performance in all the games you see issues.

JamesGeary7

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2014
there is a slight performance boost for AVG 1% low about 5% and the same goes for the AVG FPS about 5% performance boost.

I see, so not necessarily my RX 6600 XT will perform like other RX 6600 XTs? but the experience overall is quite smooth no issues at all but this quite has me concerned for the future of my PC. Not sure how future proof this PC can be when it comes to 1080p

there is a slight performance boost for AVG 1% low about 5% and the same goes for the AVG FPS about 5% performance boost.

I see, so not necessarily my RX 6600 XT will perform like other RX 6600 XTs? but the experience overall is quite smooth no issues at all but this quite has me concerned for the future of my PC. Not sure how future proof this PC can be when it comes to 1080p
There shouldn't be slight performance boost. There should have been noticeable boost. Maybe it's the windows 11 that's messing things?
Of course not every GPU performs the same, there is silicon lottery, thermals and tweaks that can be done and result in completely different outcome.

Please provide numbers of performance, if possible also before the addition of ram.