Question RX 6600 XT not being recognized

endershero

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Hello all,

So I've built a new PC with the following parts:

Intel Core i5-12400F - Core i5 12th Gen Alder Lake 6-Core 2.5 GHz LGA 1700 65W Desktop Processor - BX8071512400F
ASRock B660M PRO RS LGA 1700 Intel B660 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard
MSI Mech Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 ATX Video Card RX 6600 XT MECH 2X 8G OC
Silicon Power 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model SP016GXLZU320BDAJ5
Team Group MP33 M.2 2280 512GB PCIe 3.0 x4 with NVMe 1.3 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) TM8FP6512G0C101
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G5, 80 Plus Gold 650W

Now, every time I go through windows update, the screen blacks out. I've tried to install the AMD drivers with adrenaline but it still blacks out while installing. I've already done the clean install of my video drivers using the DDU written on the sticky post, I've tried to install the drivers in safe mode and when do a normal boot the initial boot screen comes up but it blacks out after and I've also updated my BIOS on my motherboard and I'm still having this problem. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong, if the build is not compatible or perhaps the card is bad. Is it possible that my monitor is the issue. Currently using an Acer XF251Q and I'm wondering if I need to use the display port instead of the HDMI, although the monitor only has a HDMI and VGA. Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions but I've been at this for almost a week so any help would be appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Could you state what your BIOS version is for your motherboard at this moment of time? As for your build, how old is the PSU in your build? In order to rule out the card being the issue, drop it into a donor system and see if the issue persists. If the issue is with your panel, then the problem will persist with a donor system, with a different GPU.

endershero

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Could you state what your BIOS version is for your motherboard at this moment of time? As for your build, how old is the PSU in your build? In order to rule out the card being the issue, drop it into a donor system and see if the issue persists. If the issue is with your panel, then the problem will persist with a donor system, with a different GPU.

Currently the BIOS is 7.01, the PSU is new. I bought all the parts new and together on newegg. I don't really know what you mean by a donor system, if you mean if I have another PC to stick it in, then I don't currently have access to one. Thanks for the reply. :)