Feb 25, 2018
Hello everyone.

My system configuration:

MSI B450M PRO VDH MAX
RYZEN 5 3600
XFX RX 6600 XT
16GB 3200MHz
750 CORSAIR CX750M 80+ GOLD MODULAR PSU

I've switched to rx 6600 xt from rx 580 4gb. After that I've been experiencing stutters in games (such as Sea of Thieves, Gta 5). GPU UTIL stands at 98% then instantnly drops to either 0% or like 50-60% then comes jumping higher slowly.
I've read that there shouldn't be any problems because my motherboard has PCIE 3.0 and the gpu is 4.0
I didn't try updating BIOS. And don't know if my temperatures are as expected.

I've done the userbenchmark test:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55421344

If you need any more material to watch in some apps I can record it.

Thank you. (P.S. sorry for bad english)

Hello everyone.

My system configuration:

MSI B450M PRO VDH MAX
RYZEN 5 3600
XFX RX 6600 XT
16GB 3200MHz
750 CORSAIR CX750M 80+ GOLD MODULAR PSU

I've switched to rx 6600 xt from rx 580 4gb. After that I've been experiencing stutters in games (such as Sea of Thieves, Gta 5). GPU UTIL stands at 98% then instantnly drops to either 0% or like 50-60% then comes jumping higher slowly.
I've read that there shouldn't be any problems because my motherboard has PCIE 3.0 and the gpu is 4.0
I didn't try updating BIOS. And don't know if my temperatures are as expected.

I've done the userbenchmark test:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55421344

If you need any more material to watch in some apps I can record it.

Thank you. (P.S. sorry for bad english)
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart, also tick all option in AMD option in the ddu settings before doing so).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours since it's 12 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• reboot the PC to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot (if enabled by default), save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (ver 7A38vBG with Agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, enable fastest xmp profile and PBO, then save and exit.

Optional: disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled). If gpu supports, why not XD

• if successful, boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.08.xx as the time i write this), then reboot.

• Install amernime driver (download, extract zip, and run NZsetup), full tutorial here, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png
After all complete, try to send another UBM benchmark results here :D