Question Is a 650w PSU enough for an RX 6600 XT ?

Stefano G.

Prominent
May 31, 2022
i have a terrible gpu and i want to replace it with an rx 6600 xt, but i have a 650w psu, is it enough for that gpu?

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the PSU in question? If it's used, please mention the age of the unit. Might want to also mention the specs to your current build so you're not wasting your resources on the GPU alone, since limitations can and will be had if you're on a crippled processor/platform.

Reactions: CompuGuy71

Stefano G.

Prominent
May 31, 2022
Make and model of the PSU in question? If it's used, please mention the age of the unit. Might want to also mention the specs to your current build so you're not wasting your resources on the GPU alone, since limitations can and will be had if you're on a crippled processor/platform.
i got this pc from a store in my city, it was used so it was really cheap, it has bad components and some i already replaced, the psu is an mx 8650btx from maxima power, i searched on google and this psu is so unknown that there are 2 results and not even inside the case there is the age written on it. anyways, CPU: ryzen 5 5600x Mobo: prime b550 plus GPU (the one i have right now) radeon r9 280x.

CompuGuy71

Proper
Jul 20, 2022
@Stefano G.

I haven't heard of Maxima Power before, and I can't find anything about it online. That PSU is mega sketchy does it look like this:
s-l300.jpg

if it looks like that then I would replace it ASAP. Especially if you've had it for more than 3 years

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
@Stefano G.

I haven't heard of Maxima Power before, and I can't find anything about it online. That PSU is mega sketchy does it look like this:
s-l300.jpg

if it looks like that then I would replace it ASAP. Especially if you've had it for more than 3 years

Too small to read, unfortunately.

But that just smells of junk.

Pretty big numbers on +3.3V and +5V rail I can see, which is a really bad sign. I'd be shocked if the +12V was anywhere near 650W, which means group-regulation city.