Question Rx 6600XT vs RTX 3060

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
This graphic cards seems very similar in performance but the Nvidia card have 12gb of VRAM , the AMD is cheaper in my country and have more stock , what card will worth more buying ?

PC SPECS:
AOC monitor with 21" and freesync , 75hz,1080p
Gigabyte b450 gaming X
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 (with RGB) at 3200mhz with XMP profile 1 enabled
XFX RX 580 GTS XXX 4gb
Bitfenix formula gold 550w
3 hdd´s from WD ,(1 wd green , 1wd black ,1 wd blue)
1 ssd ( kingston a400 120gb)

Planing to game on high or ultra settings , no need for more than 60fps . 60 fps is the sweet spot since my monitor only have 75hz .

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022
This graphic cards seems very similar in performance but the Nvidia card have 12gb of VRAM , the AMD is cheaper in my country and have more stock , what card will worth more buying ?
Go with the AMD one.
Althought the Nvidia one had 12gb vram, the AMD one is overall 4 percent better than the Nvidia one.

Soo, it's ok whatever you chose, both are almost the same, it's up to you.

Also note that the Nvidia one has a higher marketshare, so if you are planning to sell your GPU later you will be easily able to sell the Nvidia one.

And also note that both of these GPUs are of the same release date. (2021)
Hope this HELPED!!!

teutoniswolf

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
The AMD RX 6600XT and Nvidia RTX 3060 trade blows all throughout that segment and price point. Who knows what the future holds but as games are optimized to take advantage of more VRAM, the better bet, in my opinion would be the RX 6600XT.

However, it would be better for my recommendations to know what games you are playing, what resolution you plan on gaming at and your overall system specs. CPU/MOBO/PSU/RAM etc.

Have a great day!

Reactions: Rui Neves

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
The AMD RX 6600XT and Nvidia RTX 3060 trade blows all throughout that segment and price point. Who knows what the future holds but as games are optimized to take advantage of more VRAM, the better bet, in my opinion would be the RX 6600XT.

However, it would be better for my recommendations to know what games you are playing, what resolution you plan on gaming at and your overall system specs. CPU/MOBO/PSU/RAM etc.

Have a great day!
Updated my question , thanks for your help

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Go with the AMD one.
Althought the Nvidia one had 12gb vram, the AMD one is overall 4 percent better than the Nvidia one.

Soo, it's ok whatever you chose, both are almost the same, it's up to you.

Also note that the Nvidia one has a higher marketshare, so if you are planning to sell your GPU later you will be easily able to sell the Nvidia one.

And also note that both of these GPUs are of the same release date. (2021)
Hope this HELPED!!!
I think so , it's hard to choose yet , because the AMD card is 4% better now but in the future the Nvidia being capable of using more vram could not the "game change for Nvidia" ?

teutoniswolf

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
I think so , it's hard to choose yet , because the AMD card is 4% better now but in the future the Nvidia being capable of using more vram could not the "game change for Nvidia" ?
Yep, that is the tough part with hardware. I always say "buy for your needs now." But, if you are like me and replace your cards every 3-4 years than I would take the extra VRAM. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Rui Neves

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Yep, that is the tough part with hardware. I always say "buy for your needs now." But, if you are like me and replace your cards every 3-4 years than I would take the extra VRAM. Hope this helps!
Well I will replace a card either when it fails or I feel that I can not play most games or is just too weak for my CPU . For example I am replacing my RX 580 for the reason that is failing and feel to be already too outdated for my CPU and modern games

Latest posts