Question RX 6700 XT 0 RPM Fan speed indicated?

grantbaby80

Prominent
Jan 30, 2022
Hi all! I have a Rog Strix Rx 6700 XT that works just fine except the fan speed displays 0 rpm in ALL monitoring software. The fans spin normally and even ramp up under load. I have done all the usual steps to try to figure this out, re-seat card, clean install two different drivers, checked windows files with their file checker/repair tool. It appears to me to be a hardware issue with the card itself and not software related. If anyone can think of something I haven't done or what steps to take next, I would greatly appreciate it. I built this rig about two months ago and I know the fan speed was showing then because I set a fan curve in the Radeon Adrenalin software. I only use this rig to surf or watch you tube so it's never stressed. Suggestions?? Thanks

Asus Tuff Gaming B-550
AMD 3600x
32Gig G Skill ram
WD Black SN 850 500 GB

grantbaby80

Prominent
Jan 30, 2022
Yes, I think you're right. I did think about that and having never done it before I didn't want to try that except as a last resort. I did try the bios switch on the card itself and it does change the fans from performance to quiet mode ok but still no RPM signal.