Question RX 6700XT driver crashing

dan.monger

Honorable
Oct 17, 2017
Morning all,
Long story short, recently bought a Gigabyte Eagle 6700XT to replace my 1660ti. Removed Nvidia drivers with DDU before installing the GPU/drivers. Now, the graphics drivers appear to be crashing randomly but they aren't recovering. At least, I am assuming that's the issue as there are no entries in my event viewer. Usually, it'll happen when I am playing a game like WoW on one monitor while watching a video on my second. One monitor will go blank and the other will freeze before the second monitor finally goes black. The audio still plays fine until the second screen goes out. I've updated the drivers, ran a second 6pin from my PSU instead of a pigtail, and reset all settings in my UEFI except DOCP and it still crashes. I had thought that maybe it was an overheating issue or a possible bad PCB, so I ran Furmark for about 30mins last night and nothing. The hottest the hotspot got to was about 85c. Fans never ramped up above 71%. I am just at a loss as to what to try to check next I really don't want to have to replace this card, but I am thinking I may need to.

System specs:

R7 5800x
Gigabyte Eagle 6700XT
64GB DDR4
ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Corsair RM850 PSU

Lutfij

Titan
Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? As for your AMD drivers, try and uninstall the drivers again with DDU, then manually install with the latest version found off of AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. As for your PSU, how old is the unit in question? What OS are you working with?

dan.monger

Honorable
Oct 17, 2017
Bios is 4201 which is the most recent release from Asus
PSU is less than 2yrs. For the life of me, I can't find where I ordered it to double-check the exact date.
Running Win11 Pro