Question Rx 6700XT problema boot

Jan 30, 2024
Hi everyone, sorry if the post is long. I'll explain the problem to you in the two phases. The first is that the motherboard LED remains fixed to indicate GPU, and in fact black screen, I turn it off/on from the power button and it starts normally. Phase two: if I deactivate the CSM, it does the same thing and I have to do the same procedure, before the CMOS reset, disconnecting the battery, the situation was worse, I turned them off/on several times and on the boot screen, "The GPU is not compatible" appeared with uefi drivers". I hope for a help, thanks.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Did you buy the GPU as brand new or used?

Full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is, and was the PSU bought new or used/refurbished?

Jan 30, 2024
the video card is used, the rest is all new, itek 650w power supply. asus strix B-550F motherboard.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
itek 650w power supply
Which model?
Was it bought new or used?
How old it is?

the video card is used
Buying used hardware means that you get it "as is". And since GPU most likely was used as mining card (most 2nd hand cards sold are), there's no telling what kind of abuse it saw. And with this (unknown history), it is nigh-impossible to find out and fix what issue it may have. If it even can be fixed.

My guess, it probably has custom mining BIOS (firmware) on it, which, isn't compatible with standard UEFI normal PCs have. Hence why you did see that error.

You may turn towards GPU manufacturer and ask them for help. But since you don't have any warranty with the GPU, GPU manufacturer isn't obligated to help you.

All-in-all, if one doesn't want random issues with their hardware, they wouldn't buy used stuff, but instead brand new. But with used stuff, it having issues, is normal. This is compensated by the cheap price you payed for it.

My suggestion;
  • Either haul the GPU to repair shop and pay for the fixes (if it is fixable that is),
  • Or buy brand new GPU, which doesn't have this issue, while paying full price of the GPU, as it is worth it. + You'd get warranty too with brand new GPU, whereby when issue(s) do arise, you have safety net in form of valid warranty.