Question RX 6800 stuck below base voltage

hamishs

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
After reinstalling windows, the voltage of my GPU is stuck around 925mV - before reinstalling, I had used the AMD adrenaline drivers to set an undervoltage of 900mV from 1025mV, and it was perfectly stable for over a year without issue. After reinstalling drivers and afterburner multiple times (then eventually removing afterburner entirely), no matter what voltage I select it hovers around 850-925 and will not adjust with any software. I believe MSI afterburner may have been a problem as it tends to overwrite settings, but after uninstalling the problem is still there. This has resulting in full driver crashing/black screens when playing games, likely due to not enough voltage? Not sure

My question is, after reinstalling my drivers with DDU multiple times and removing any software with the potential to interact, why has this happened after a reinstall of windows and how do i regain control of my voltage? Has something from my old installation transferred over corrupted? Ask away if you have questions because I'm not quite sure what I should include.

7qSCYUl.png

Specs:
3600x, 8x2GB 3200MHz, RX 6800, Gigabyte X570 UD rev 1.0
Windows 11 (latest revision)

Last edited:
Reinstalling as in full wipe/format and reinstall or just a reset/refresh. HUGE difference.Your description leans toward reset/refresh where only some windows files are changed and everything else stays the same.
Most programs store data under C/windows/users/user name/app -data.
And when you reinstall it picks up this stored data.

hamishs

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
Reinstalling as in full wipe/format and reinstall or just a reset/refresh. HUGE difference.Your description leans toward reset/refresh where only some windows files are changed and everything else stays the same.
Most programs store data under C/windows/users/user name/app -data.
And when you reinstall it picks up this stored data.
I did a full reinstall from installation media via USB, all files were wiped. Thats why im so confused...

Last edited: