[SOLVED] RX 6800 XT Delayed Start

cliffflip

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Hi,
I just bought Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6800 XT, and one thing I noticed is the way the card powered on when I turn on my PC. The card powered on about 5 seconds AFTER I turned on my PC, that's when the GPU's fans start spinning and all its LEDs light up. Before using this, I have a GTX 1070 and it's powered on right away.

If I may add, I use a 750W PSU while the card recommends a minimum of 850W, but I read a few articles that in the normal case, 650W - 700W will suffice.

Is this normal? Because it's the first time I experience this and I don't know if this is normal behavior or not.

Please respond to my question, thank you.

Solution
The card is powering on as soon as you hit the power button. There is just a delay in its visual indications that it is powering on (e.g. lights coming on and fan spinning).
If the card is working fine don't worry about it.

cliffflip

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Hi norcalsc and alceryes and thanks for your replies.

I use MSI X370 SLI Plus as the mainboard, from the moment I turned on my PC, I pay attention to its EZ Debug led. The CPU led lit for about 5 seconds, and after that led goes out, that's when the GPU powered on. So I guess it's just how it works, without any indication of malfunction?

There is a delay on startup, I check Task Manager and the last BIOS time is about 16 sec, but I guess it's normal on newer chipsets? Although X370 isn't exactly new.

The card is working fine afterward. One more question though, is it also considered normal for the card's temperature to reach 97 Celsius when playing games?

TRENDING THREADS