[SOLVED] RX 6900/6800/6700: Does overclocking SOC improve performance?

May 5, 2021
I've been using the software MorePowerTool to underclock and undervolt my RX 6900 XT for crypto mining. Something interest that this software can do besides underclocking and undervolting the SOC which suprisingly saves you a bunch of watts, is also overclock it. I think it actually works cause my power usage increased when I overclocked it from 1200 mhz to 1500 mhz. But I'm not sure if it even matters for gaming, any of you have experience with messing with it and seeing gains? It be cool of you can get something nice from it. Heck maybe even underclocking it if it doesn't matter for gaming might be good cause your get more power headspace for it to boost... :oops:👽💩

Last edited:
Solution
The key to overclock those cards is to raise the power limit. AMD did a stupid and power limited those cards big time (yes even with the +15 you can get with the adrenalin software). As far as actual gain, you can gain the usual 4/5 fps. Which imo, is not worth the hassle tbh.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
The key to overclock those cards is to raise the power limit. AMD did a stupid and power limited those cards big time (yes even with the +15 you can get with the adrenalin software). As far as actual gain, you can gain the usual 4/5 fps. Which imo, is not worth the hassle tbh.

Reactions: renz496
Solution