News RX 7600 Reference Design Seemingly Flaunts Compact Form Factor

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022
8GB cards should really be priced at $100-$150. At current prices these GPU will stay on the shelves.

No one wants to buy GPU that are already struggling the moment you buy them.

831×427 jpg
63,6 kB

ppoijpoj.jpg

Reactions: LoordOfTauCeti
Back in my day this was a high end cooling solution for GPUs!

HA!

Anyway, if AMD thinks they can get away cooling ~200W with that, I'm happy. I'm tired of mammoth idiotic overkill coolers that just add cost and are way way past the relevant point where a bigger cooler makes a difference. Also, annoyingly big.

As nVidia has made their move with the 4060 siblings, I'm absolutely eager to see how AMD responds and completely fumbles the ball, haha.

I hope they don't, but I can't deny nVidia put the pressure on AMD with the 4060 pricing announcement. I have the feeling the 4060 is going to be bad, but as it is an nVidia product, it'll still sell and this card will be cursed by AMD's marketing instead of being "the second coming of the RX480".

Regards.

qwertymac93

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
I'm really hoping AMD has an XT model in the works with 2560 cores or more because yet another die at 2048 for $299 with the meager improvements we've seen out of RDNA3 so far... gonna be sad.

A 7600 with the specs we've seen at $249 would be a decent upgrade over what we have now at around that price (6650xt). A $299 7600XT with more shader power would be better competition for the 4060.

Last edited:

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Dang . . well, at least it's coming soon. But all we have are some numbers, and architectural changes.

I'm thinking (ok, hoping) that the 4060 and 7600 make for an interesting competition, performance, power draw, and price. Looking forward to it, at any rate, and, fortunately, there's not long to wait.