[SOLVED] RX 7900 XT Low Clock Speeds

Clippy0425

Commendable
Dec 14, 2020
So I just upgraded from the RTX 3070 to a RX 7900 XT and everything works fine but I noticed that my clock speed are on the low end. I am only getting around 1900-2100mhz and the gpu never boosts. The highest I’ve seen it go is 2300mhz for split second. If I try to force it with adrenaline the performance DROPS. Thermals are good and each 8 pin is attached to its own VGA port on a 1300W PSU. I also tried DDU and uninstalled the nvidia drivers but that also didn’t work. Userbenchmark rated my GPU as underperforming BUT on fur mark says otherwise because I am getting a score of 24100 on the 1080p preset which is only 100 off from an XTX. Don’t know if I should worry. Very confused.

Clippy0425

Commendable
Dec 14, 2020
Have you tried manually changing your clock speeds through the BIOS? Otherwise, it may be that it is performing underwhelmingly due to it not being under enough stress. Graphics cards have a tendency to try to save power by reducing their clock speeds if not stressed enough. This video explains it pretty well:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAJMOIj2-8s
Unfortunately there is no option to change clock speeds for the GPU in my bios. Also does the reduction of clock speeds happen during benchmarking? Cause the GPU load is 100% during furmark so wouldn’t that mean it is being stressed enough?

fedefury

Honorable
Jun 18, 2016
Yeah under benchmarks it should be pushing those clock speeds up. It could possibly be an overheating issue too. Do you have any temp sensors on your mobo? have you by any chance overclocked your CPU as well?

Clippy0425

Commendable
Dec 14, 2020
Yeah under benchmarks it should be pushing those clock speeds up. It could possibly be an overheating issue too. Do you have any temp sensors on your mobo? have you by any chance overclocked your CPU as well?
Undervolted the 5800x3d, temps are fine as they don’t go past 80C. As for the GPU the temp is 60C MAX with the junction temps not going about 75 C. I didn’t touch voltage settings but I did play around with the power settings and increasing it up to 15 made it preform a bit better but still not hitting boost.