[SOLVED] RX Vega 8 graphics not shown in device manager/ taskmanager/ external programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2021
Hi, i bought a ThinkPad E15 Gen 3 (16 GB of RAM) with a Ryzen 7 5700U processor and integrated Radeon RX Vega 8 graphics.

The system had no windows on it, so I installed Windows 10 Pro. After that I went to the Lenovo website to get the drivers for this specific model. BIOS Update was also made. But it only said AMD Radeon Graphics, no mentioning of Vega 8 anywhere.
After that I installed the official and newest AMD driver, same problem. I did this multiple times.
Also programs like CPU-Z dont mention Vega 8. After a quick search on google I found some pictures with the Vega 8 in taskmanager/ device manager/ CPU-Z.

Lenovo Support said they don't know (2 times and 1 time they kicked me (!) by just naming my question) , AMD won't answer until now. I just want it to work like it is supposed to before I start personalize the ThinkPad anymore. But I need it to work and simulate as fast as possible. I would say that it is a software problem, but I do not know enough about it, this is why I am asking you.
How can I verify that everything is working correctly (I do not get any warnings) and why doesn't it say Vega 8 anywhere?

Thanks for your help in advance

Oct 12, 2021
Never thought about testing that. In Windows I can choose 1920x1080. But it should be an option to set it to 3840x2160 @30Hz on an external screen via HDMI. I testet that by just plugging one in and looking in Windows settings. That did not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS