RX470 A8-7650k Help! problems Before I ditch it

Mar 5, 2018
PSU: 500W EVGA Silver
GPU: RX470 OC Sapphire single Fan
CPU: A8-7650K
SSD ADATA: 120gb
HD: WD Blue 1TB
RAM:16gb Corsair XMS3

I'm having big difficulties trying to get good frame rate on the pc, It cant even play low end graphics games without dropping fps to under 12-14fps, Im getting irregular scores on catzilla highest iv had has been 14000 and can never know how to get that performance back, i can post my stats on-line, if anyone has the same system or similar id like to know on your performance as im ready to sell and give Intel a go.

Tried: reinstall windows
undervolt gpu
overclock gpu only little

tried tweaking things here and there but no luck.

any help would be grateful. many thanks.
https://imgur.com/a/RrTr4

Solution
Ditch it. The CPU is the weak link here. The CPU can't keep up and causes the FPS drops. The A series was never designed for gaming. Even with a decent graphics card it will still suck. My rusty core i5 2500k from 6 years ago is 30% faster in games. Dual core processors just suck as gaming processors. Rebuild on a newer platform like Ryzen or Core i5. Ryzen 3 or Core i3 builds are quite affordable and you could simply bring over your graphics card, hard drives, and PSU to the new system.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($114.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($73.98 @ Newegg)...

jr9

Estimable
Ditch it. The CPU is the weak link here. The CPU can't keep up and causes the FPS drops. The A series was never designed for gaming. Even with a decent graphics card it will still suck. My rusty core i5 2500k from 6 years ago is 30% faster in games. Dual core processors just suck as gaming processors. Rebuild on a newer platform like Ryzen or Core i5. Ryzen 3 or Core i3 builds are quite affordable and you could simply bring over your graphics card, hard drives, and PSU to the new system.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($114.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($73.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory ($85.89 @ OutletPC)
Case: Rosewill - CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $299.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-05 18:47 EST-0500

300 USD for 75% more performance overall and at least 30% more in game.

Solution