• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question RX470 problems with fan curve

Jun 29, 2020
My Sapphire Nitro RX470 heats up to temperatures around 83 degrees by the time it decides to ramp up its fan speed around 50%.

As I don't feel comfortable with temperatures above 80 degrees, I decided to adjust the fan curve using Radeon Adrenalin such that fans reach 60% speed at 75 degrees. However, this resulted in an annoying loop of fan speed increasing at 76 degrees, cooling the card down to 74 degrees and immediately slowing down as this happens.

When on stock fan curve, no such problem occurs. This problem seems to occur only when fan control is manual. It seems as though fan curve forced by software is working discontinuously while hardware controlled fan curve is continuous.

Is there any way to get around this?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS