[SOLVED] Rx550 2gb [1gb vram usage]

Jun 12, 2020
So I play fortnite and I play with the overclock settings and i start monitoring my gpu and i find out that it's using only 1gb vram out of the 2 gb what can i do to fix that and if it's normal?
My specs:
I5-3470
Rx550 2gb
6gb ddr3 1333 mhz

Solution
It's entirely possible that you are at the limit of the power your
psu can provide and that it is now dying due to its age and being run at the limit for the last five months.
Your VRAM isn't something that is supposed to be used up all the way. It's actually not a good thing if it's used up all the way, because that means that there isn't enough VRAM to load all the data that the game would otherwise load.

I'd be more concerned about your system RAM honestly; 6 GB isn't really enough anymore, 8 GB is considered the minimum these days.

Jun 12, 2020
Your VRAM isn't something that is supposed to be used up all the way. It's actually not a good thing if it's used up all the way, because that means that there isn't enough VRAM to load all the data that the game would otherwise load.

I'd be more concerned about your system RAM honestly; 6 GB isn't really enough anymore, 8 GB is considered the minimum these days.
Oooh so that's why it's stuttering yeah i'm upgrading to 8gb ASAP
But does upgrading it reduce stutters ? or just doesn't affect it ?
And the GPU is going as far as 60C on most overclock it can handle
is that ok ?

Ok, before I can help you any more, I need you to tell me the following:

Your motherboard
Your Power supply's model number, wattage, and approximate age
Your Hard Drive/SSD
Your Monitor Model and it's resolution
Explain exactly how you have overclocked your GPU

And I need to know what specific problem(s) you are having and under what circumstances they happen (what games do they happen in, what specifically seems to trigger the problem you have).

Jun 12, 2020
Ok, before I can help you any more, I need you to tell me the following:

Your motherboard
Your Power supply's model number, wattage, and approximate age
Your Hard Drive/SSD
Your Monitor Model and it's resolution
Explain exactly how you have overclocked your GPU

And I need to know what specific problem(s) you are having and under what circumstances they happen (what games do they happen in, what specifically seems to trigger the problem you have).
My motherboard is Fujitsu Motherboard D3161-A12 Socket 1155
The power supply is a Fujitsu proprietary one 280 W
Hard drive is a 500gb one don't know the brand
Monitor is Fujitsu B19-7 Led 1280x1024 monitor yeah i know :(
I overclocked the GPU in the Amd software
From the Default clock speed i put it on 1260 MHZ
And the memory clock from 1600 mhz to 1800 mhz
I play only fortnite that's where it happens and i play on 55% 3d resolution and still get stutters it when i monitor the gpu in with amd software it says it's always going from 0 to 100 fluxuating a lot idk if that's the problem

You are using a (presumably old) 280 watt power supply and then overclocking your card when the recommended power supply wattage is 400 watts. I'm not surprised that you're running into problems.

RX 550 Specs

At a minimum, you should not be overclocking your card with this PSU. Even then, returning the clocks to stock might not be enough.

Jun 12, 2020
You are using a (presumably old) 280 watt power supply and then overclocking your card when the recommended power supply wattage is 400 watts. I'm not surprised that you're running into problems.

RX 550 Specs

At a minimum, you should not be overclocking your card with this PSU. Even then, returning the clocks to stock might not be enough.
If i don't overclock it Fortnite would run very slow wtf do i do about that
But i've been overclocking my GPU since like 5 months ago in fortnite and it never BSOD'd on me and it still works cause like the card doesn't use more than 50W

Jun 12, 2020
It's entirely possible that you are at the limit of the power your
psu can provide and that it is now dying due to its age and being run at the limit for the last five months.
Ty for telling me about the limit cause i put my gpu on default clocks and the game runs much better withouth that many stutters and it consumes only 25 W at max so it's so good now