bautistajessieroi

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
I have an rx550 discrete video card and a Radeon R7 integrated one.

A few weeks ago my rx550 was working fine till my cable got busted so I have to use the VGA (Radeon R7) while I wait for my new wires for my dedicated video card (rx550). Ever since that it's all black screen but my unit still detects the video card so I bought another cable. Still not showing display. I'm back at using the integrated one but it's very slow.

I tried
  1. Disabled R7 at device manager
  2. Removed VGA and plugged HDMI cord at the dedicated video card
  3. Load optimized setup at bios
  4. Reinstall drivers

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Solution
Welp, I formatted my pc and it works again. Super weird

If anyone is having the same issue here's what I suggest

1. Plug and unplug the video card
  2. Try to remove the ram. (My friend did this to his unit and he's having the same issue as mine and he told me he fixed it by doing this)
  3. Check if the cable is still working
  4. Check the bios if it's prioritizing the integrated instead of PCIE
  5. If you have multiple drivers installed. Remove the latest and go back to the oldest and most stable one. (I think this is my issue. I installed drivers when I thought there aren't any installed so it kinda collapsed)
  6. Lastly. If everything fails. Reformatting is mostly the answer to fixing any issues.

Hope this helps. Good luck

Xbonepcnovice

Reputable
Feb 26, 2017
Processor: AMD A10-9700 with Radeon R7
Mobo: A320M-DS2
Ram: 8GB Hyperx Ram
PSU: Corsair VS450
Dedicated Video card: Radeon RX550

Is there any info I can give you?
Have you tried looking in the bios? You can switch between integrated gpu and pcie gpu. It should do it automatically but worth checking. Also uninstalling rx550 drivers and reinstalling r7, have you tried that? Or is just a black screen.

bautistajessieroi

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
Have you tried looking in the bios? You can switch between integrated gpu and pcie gpu

Yes i did try that. I switched to pcie only and it only showed my black screen

Also uninstalling rx550 drivers and reinstalling r7, have you tried that? Or is just a black screen.

I also tried this. Where i uninstalled every drivers. (Both of them) and installed only rx550 (The dedicated video card)

So sorry for the late reply cause it's holiday season and it's been busy.

My last resort will be formatting my pc since this looks like a driver issue rather than hardware

bautistajessieroi

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
Welp, I formatted my pc and it works again. Super weird

If anyone is having the same issue here's what I suggest

1. Plug and unplug the video card
  2. Try to remove the ram. (My friend did this to his unit and he's having the same issue as mine and he told me he fixed it by doing this)
  3. Check if the cable is still working
  4. Check the bios if it's prioritizing the integrated instead of PCIE
  5. If you have multiple drivers installed. Remove the latest and go back to the oldest and most stable one. (I think this is my issue. I installed drivers when I thought there aren't any installed so it kinda collapsed)
  6. Lastly. If everything fails. Reformatting is mostly the answer to fixing any issues.

Hope this helps. Good luck

Solution