Aug 9, 2019
Afternoon,

I'm pulling my hair out on this one, and just can't seem to work out what's wrong.
I've got a build with a 650w power supply, running an i5 4690k, 16gb ram on a gigabyte GA z87 hd3.

I also have a sapphire pulse rx560 that will not show up on this machine.

The Rx 560 will work on other machines, and will run bench marks and is happy.

This machine will run other graphics cards tried a gtx 660, gtx 560 and a quaddro k2000. All working with no issues. But as soon as I stick the rx560 back in, I get no display.

I've tried: swapping power supply, clearing all graphics card drivers, using different PCI slots.

The fans spin up, but that's it. I can't find any rhyme or reason.

I've had it "connect" once and installed the drivers, then on reboot it was gone.

Any suggestions? Help?

Hmm, that is weird. The board should run it. It has UEFI bios which is needed for that type of card. Have you update the bios for your mobo to the most recent one?

That could solve it quickly enough.

edit: Newer cards like the Rx4xx/5xx and GTX10xx series cards don't work on some older mobo's with the old Award type bios'. Those newer cards require the UEFI type bios to work correctly. That's what I meant by 'type of card'. Apologies if I wasn't clear.

Aug 9, 2019
Hmm, that is weird. The board should run it. It has UEFI bios which is needed for that type of card. Have you update the bios for your mobo to the most recent one?

That could solve it quickly enough.

edit: Newer cards like the Rx4xx/5xx and GTX10xx series cards don't work on some older mobo's with the old Award type bios'. Those newer cards require the UEFI type bios to work correctly. That's what I meant by 'type of card'. Apologies if I wasn't clear.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Original the mobo had bios versio f6, I've updated to f8 and the issue persists maybe I should try version f7 as well?

Its just odd.

Thanks again for the quick reply

:) Don't worry. You can add a tag for GPU's or another catagory on your PC for more broad answering.

Hmm. Not really worth trying to role back the bios. Sometimes it's complicated, and some mobo's won't allow it without a work around. But you can try it if you have a rollback feature, for the F7 version.

Is your PSU modular/semi modular. Maybe you can replace the PCI-e cable and be sure it's not that, if your model RX560 requires a power cable. It may not.

Aug 9, 2019
This rx560 doesn't have a direct power cable, just runs off the mobo power. I've also tried a second PSU to see if it was the current PSU that was having issues with no luck.

This was why I tried the quaddro k2000 as a test to see if it was something to do with the power coming from the motherboard.

The rx560 fans are spinning, just not being seen. maybe it is the case that it's just not going to work.