Question RX5600XT Red Devil black screen

May 27, 2020
Hi, I've got Intel i59600KF oc to 5.0 GHz , MSI 390 Gaming Edge AC, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, Radeon RX5600XT Red Devil factory OC. The problem is black screen and then I need to restart my PC. It is very annoying when gaming or even browsing the internet. I've been trying several times using DDU to uninstall and then install my Adrenalin drivers. It works for well few hours after installing it, but after some time the thing happens again. I use DDU in safe mode of course. System stability check on Aida does not show any problems. What is your advice guys?

Last edited:
May 29, 2020
Hi, I've got Intel i59600KF oc to 5.0 GHz , MSI 390 Gaming Edge AC, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, Radeon RX5600XT Red Devil factory OC. The problem is black screen and then I need to restart my PC. It is very annoying when gaming or even browsing the internet. I've been trying several times using DDU to uninstall and then install my Adrenalin drivers. It works for well few hours after installing it, but after some time the thing happens again. I use DDU in safe mode of course. System stability check on Aida does not show any problems. What is your advice guys?
I have a similar issue with my 5600XT Red Devil with random black screens that lead to a restart of my pc, I’ve changed all my power settings and turned off automatic restart / disabled windows gaming mode and done a clean install of the drivers.
My build is a b450 gaming pro carbon with the latest bios, 16gb ddr4 3200 MHz patriot viper steel ram, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, Corsair TX650M PSU and GPU is the 5600XT

I’ve looked at the temps of my system during load and nothing really gets above 70, I ran the Windows memory test for my ram and it’s all fine and it’s a brand new build so it’s a fresh install of windows
The issue appears random as I ran heaven benchmark on ultra for 2 hours today and didn’t get a single crash but then launched wow and with 10 minutes it had restarted twice!
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

May 27, 2020
Updated to newest adrenaline, using DDU to uninstall drivers in Windows safe mode. Then I installed newest version adrenaline 20.4.2 keeping my WiFi off during this process. I did not have any crash since.

TRENDING THREADS