[SOLVED] RX570 not responding to fan settings

Feb 5, 2020
Hi,
I have AMD Radeon RX570, for the last month it just not responding to the fan setting and no matter what is the temperature it runs on max speed

Solution
I don't know if this is applicable or not. and mostlikely im wrong, but..

i once had a Graphics card that i tweaked with Afterburner.
However when the Afterburner application stopped or was not running in the background the fan speed dropped to 0 , it turned off.
I had to completely remove Afterburner ( registry remarks and all) and do a complete driver wipe in safe mode. And then reinstall the drives in order to get the fan to turn back on.
It might be possible that a driver or overclocker software is not working correctly.

Alternatively, it used to be one could connect the fan ( on some cards) to the motherboad and use the MB bios to control the fan speed but thats not efficient or accurate and im not sure that can be done anymore.

OldNoobette

Commendable
Feb 1, 2020
I don't know if this is applicable or not. and mostlikely im wrong, but..

i once had a Graphics card that i tweaked with Afterburner.
However when the Afterburner application stopped or was not running in the background the fan speed dropped to 0 , it turned off.
I had to completely remove Afterburner ( registry remarks and all) and do a complete driver wipe in safe mode. And then reinstall the drives in order to get the fan to turn back on.
It might be possible that a driver or overclocker software is not working correctly.

Alternatively, it used to be one could connect the fan ( on some cards) to the motherboad and use the MB bios to control the fan speed but thats not efficient or accurate and im not sure that can be done anymore.

Last edited:
Solution