[SOLVED] RX570 Overclocking Issue

cghollowman

Honorable
Feb 15, 2015
I have searched google and here and cannot seem to find an answer for my issue so I am finally going to ask and hopefully someone can help me figure out what's going on or if I have done something wrong. My XFX RX 570 wont go above 1342MHz in testing and playing Hitman 2 (only game I am playing currently). I have state 6 @1375 and state 7(max) @1390. Undervolted @ 1000mV (tried this as a last result to see if helped). VRAM is @1985MHz. Power limit at+50%. It is stable, no glitches or issues in any of the benchmark tests I have ran and runs Hitman 2 at average of 60-65FPS with no problems, but no matter what, clock speed never goes above 1342MHz. Temp stays at or below 70C and CPU never goes above 55C. Any ideas on what is preventing it from going to max clock speed would be awesome. I know some of my components need updated and maybe that's part of the problem? I am new to overclocking and this is my first try at it. Computer specs:

AMD FX-8320 CPU
Asus M5A99FX Pro Mobo
2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600
Seasonic EVO 620W Bronze 80+ PSU
XFX RX 570 4GB

Screenshot of AMD Wattman:
View: https://imgur.com/a/Eqmvfy6

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
I have searched google and here and cannot seem to find an answer for my issue so I am finally going to ask and hopefully someone can help me figure out what's going on or if I have done something wrong. My XFX RX 570 wont go above 1342MHz in testing and playing Hitman 2 (only game I am playing currently). I have state 6 @1375 and state 7(max) @1390. Undervolted @ 1000mV (tried this as a last result to see if helped). VRAM is @1985MHz. Power limit at+50%. It is stable, no glitches or issues in any of the benchmark tests I have ran and runs Hitman 2 at average of 60-65FPS with no problems, but no matter what, clock speed never goes above 1342MHz. Temp stays at or below 70C and CPU never goes above 55C. Any ideas on what is...
I have searched google and here and cannot seem to find an answer for my issue so I am finally going to ask and hopefully someone can help me figure out what's going on or if I have done something wrong. My XFX RX 570 wont go above 1342MHz in testing and playing Hitman 2 (only game I am playing currently). I have state 6 @1375 and state 7(max) @1390. Undervolted @ 1000mV (tried this as a last result to see if helped). VRAM is @1985MHz. Power limit at+50%. It is stable, no glitches or issues in any of the benchmark tests I have ran and runs Hitman 2 at average of 60-65FPS with no problems, but no matter what, clock speed never goes above 1342MHz. Temp stays at or below 70C and CPU never goes above 55C. Any ideas on what is preventing it from going to max clock speed would be awesome. I know some of my components need updated and maybe that's part of the problem? I am new to overclocking and this is my first try at it. Computer specs:

AMD FX-8320 CPU
Asus M5A99FX Pro Mobo
2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600
Seasonic EVO 620W Bronze 80+ PSU
XFX RX 570 4GB

Screenshot of AMD Wattman:
View: https://imgur.com/a/Eqmvfy6

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
If you are playing at 1008p or less, it's your CPU, particularly single thread games that is holding you down. Overclocking GPU is not going to help.
You would get better results overclocking CPU

Reactions: cghollowman
Solution