Sep 3, 2019
basically i built a gaming pc.
The specs are
1tb HDD
fsp psu 750watts
rx 570 4gb
ryzen 3 2200g
1x8gb ddr4 2400
So when i play any game it can be fortnite forza gta literally any game i always stutter and lag out and it goes from 60 down to 10 every 2 seconds, i'm only a kid and saved up a long time for this pc and makes me sad and regretted my choices from getting a console. Guys please help
Also i ran msi afterburner and the gpu is like jumping from 0 percent to 100 every second causing lag spikes literally unplayable. Also I cut one of my psu cable(a molex one I didnt need) so could the psu play part for the lag I'm not sure someone please help

Solution
Then the GPU could be a faulty unit. You really should test in other hardware though because we are like a blind man painting at this point. We are only talking possibilities right now.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
1st off, good job on saving up to build your own system! so kudo's for that.

However, NEVER cut any wires. It could short out and fry your system, not to mention give you a nasty shock & possibly cause a fire. I would advise you to stop & replace the P/S immediately. If your P/S didn't have the correct molex connector then you could have easily bought the correct one & for only a few dollars. Not all molex plugs have the same voltage going to them and If your GPU isn't getting the correct voltage, it could easily be causing your issues, not to mention drastically shortening the life of your hardware or frying it altogether.

Now what settings are you running the game(s) at? What mobo are you using? Windows 10? 7? 98 SE? :p Typically, though not always, 2 stacks of RAM are better than the 1. Ryzen's also shine when paired with fast(er) ram. Your mobo should detect the 570 and auto-disable the on-board vega 8 GPU that's built into your 2200g, though it'd be a good idea to look in the Bios & make sure.

A little more info please & we'll get you sorted out.

Sep 3, 2019
Windows 10, again I'm a kid so cant really get a new power supply or ram. Ab350 gaming. I did super glue where the wires were cut so it wouldn't cause fire or anything. And also how do I check if my cu graphics are disabled

RLarcosPES2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2014
Try reinstalling the GPU drivers. Use DDU to completely remove the old one first. You MUST use it in safe mode.

I don't think this Power Supply is a good one though. Probably that is causing problems, meaning it doesn't supply the GPU with enough voltage.

Sep 3, 2019
Try reinstalling the GPU drivers. Use DDU to completely remove the old one first. You MUST use it in safe mode.

I don't think this Power Supply is a good one though. Probably that is causing problems, meaning it doesn't supply the GPU with enough voltage.
I have done the gpu driver reinstall, no effect. And I will buy parts after but no money currently.

RLarcosPES2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2014
Reinstall Windows. Should be a quick and easy process. You have nothing to lose just backup the data you need from the drive that runs Windows and you're set. Doesn't hurt to try. Until you get a decent PSU at least.

Sep 3, 2019
Go to a local computer store and test the GPU on another PC as well another GPU with your PC. Check a different PSU as well.
I'll do that next week but for now I removed my gpu and since o have ththe Vega graphics on my cpu I decided to run gta 5. And at 1080p low it ran at like 30fps but it had no stuttering which was a better experience thanthat with my gpu

I'll do that next week but for now I removed my gpu and since o have ththe Vega graphics on my cpu I decided to run gta 5. And at 1080p low it ran at like 30fps but it had no stuttering which was a better experience thanthat with my gpu
You really need to reinstall drivers with DDU in safe mode. Doing it this way can fix things an ordinary reinstall of the drivers would never fix.

RLarcosPES2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2014
Then the GPU could be a faulty unit. You really should test in other hardware though because we are like a blind man painting at this point. We are only talking possibilities right now.

Solution